Department of Psychology - Faculty
Dr. Jenni Redifer
- Associate Professor, Assistant to the Dean for Research
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: GRH 3024
- Phone Number: 270-745-4081
Ph.D., Educational Psychology University of Florida, 2012
M.A.E., Educational Psychology
University of Florida, 2009
B.A. Psychology, Mesa State College (now Colorado Mesa University), 2003
Credentials and Consulting
I serve as an evaluator on the Rock Solid Evaluation Team http://www.wku.edu/rocksolid/. I have conducted internal and external evaluations of educational and social service programs.
- PSY 100H: Honors Introduction to Psychology
- PSY 290: Supervised Study in Psychology
- PSY 310: Educational Psychology
- PSY 436: Applied Cognitive Psychology
- PSY 490: Research Project in Psychology
- PSY 514: Program Evaluation
My research examines cognitive factors related to student learning and achievement. I am interested in how working memory capacity (the limited attentional resources we have available during effortful tasks) influences problem-solving and retrieval of information from long-term memory. Part of this work investigates methods for teaching effective strategies to individuals with low working memory capacity (i.e., fewer attentional resources).
Attention & Memory Lab: http://wku.edu/psychology/research/aml/index.php
I am willing to serve as director or serve on a committee for any of these types of projects: Psy 290, Psy 490, Honors, MA theses, Ed.S. Specialist Projects, Psy.D. Dissertations.