Department of Psychology
Inspiring students, changing lives.
The Department of Psychology is a student-focused, collaborative, and innovative unit that serves the university community.
The Department of Psychology strives to provide:
- High quality teaching, training, and advising of students with an emphasis on rigor, pursuit of continual improvement, and preparation for employment or graduate study.
- Applied research with a focus on mentoring students in the research process.
- Applied undergraduate and graduate programs that produce practitioner-scholars prepared to serve the Commonwealth of Kentucky and beyond.
- A team environment where faculty members collaborate and work well together with the goal of advancing both the department and individual faculty members.
- Identification and facilitation of areas of excellence for individuals, cohorts, and the entire department.