Become A Future Hilltopper With The Department of Psychology
Do you have an interest in helping people? Do you wonder why people, including you, choose to behave in certain ways? Would you like to have flexibility in designing your degree? Then one of Psychology's programs may be for you.
The Department of Psychology degree in Psychology
- is a great program for persons interested in helping others and who want to understand why people behave the way they do;
- provides specific career paths including clinical, counseling, school, or other related applied psychology areas (e.g., forensic or sport psychology);
- is focused on enriching student understanding of the social sciences areas as well as application and delivery of these areas of psychology;
- offers students flexibility in their programs of study allowing them to select courses specific to their future interests that will make them more attractive to employers and graduate programs;
- maintains a liberal arts focus by exposing students to coursework in related fields like Gerontology, Family and Consumer Sciences, and Philosophy.
Exceptional academic programs and world-renowned faculty are only part of what makes the WKU experience unparalleled in American higher education. Our state-of-the-art facilities, commitment to student success, and highly engaged campus community demonstrate what we call the Spirit of WKU. Your hopes, dreams, and ideas are important to us. We constantly seek to provide an environment where creativity is nurtured and intellect grows. Let us show you how it’s all within your reach at Western Kentucky University.