Fall 2017 Study Board
Opens: August 21, 2017
Closes: December 1, 2017
Managing Studies on the Study Board
Once timeslots have been established, the researcher will want to view timeslots and give credit to students. The researcher may also want to cancel a scheduled timeslot, adjust the amount of credit given an individual participant, or manually register a participant.
Posting a New Study to the Study Board
Once the HSRB letter is on file with the Study Board Administrator, the researcher may create a new study on the Study Board by following these steps:
- Log-on to the Study Board and choose the link for Add New Study.
- Complete the Basic Information portion. The Brief Abstract is seen by participants and should include a description of the activities to be performed (for example, "Complete personality questionnaire and provide demographic information"). The Detailed Description field must also be completed. You may put as much or as little information in this field as you choose.
- Be sure to choose the button to make the study Active.
- Choose any of the Advanced Settings that pertain to your study.
- Click Add This Study button.
- You will then be instructed to contact the Study Board Administrator to make your study visible to students.
Once you have created the study, you can modify (almost) any of the settings by following
the My Studies link. However, before your study can be viewed by students, you must notify the Study Board Administrator that your study is ready to be posted. The Administrator will verify the HSRB approval
date and make the study visible. At this point, you may create timeslots for your study.
Timeslots will now be available for students.
Manually Register a Participant
If you need to sign-up a student who has not registered for your study, follow these steps:
- Go to the appropriate time slot and click Modify.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and enter either the student's Used ID or Last Name.
- Click the Sign Up > > button.
You may also sign-up and award credit to several students at once by entering the User ID's in the [batch credit grant] link.
If you have questions or problems or if you need additional assistance managing a study, contact the Study Board Administrator.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,