MPA JUMP Program
The Master of Public Administration Joint Undergraduate-Master’s Program (JUMP) offers highly qualified and motivated students the opportunity to complete a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in an accelerated time frame. WKU’s MPA JUMP allows students to apply up to 12 graduate credit hours toward the completion of both their undergraduate degree and the Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree.
To apply, students must:
- have a minimum overall GPA of 3.2
- have completed at least 60 but no more than 96 hours towards completion of their undergraduate degree
- have a written recommendation from a WKU faculty member or academic adviser
- provide a writing sample to the MPA director
After admission to the MPA JUMP, students:
- must maintain a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 to remain in good standing; students who do not maintain the minimum GPA requirement may be denied graduate standing.
- may take up to 18 graduate credit hours of coursework and apply up to 12 graduate credit hours toward both their undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- remain undergraduates until they meet all requirements for the undergraduate degree; they remain eligible for all rights and privileges granted with undergraduate status, including financial aid.
Admission to the Graduate School for JUMP students
- JUMP students must complete the requirements for admission to the WKU MPA program, including submitting the Graduate School application, application fee, and supporting documentation.
- To gain admission to the WKU MPA program, students must earn a minimum of 3.0 in each graduate course applied to the JUMP degree. Students who fail to maintain the GPA requirement for all graduate coursework may be denied graduate standing.
- The GRE admission requirement for the MPA program is waived for JUMP students.
- Upon admission to the Graduate School, the student is classified as a graduate student and granted all rights and privileges of WKU graduate students, including the ability to receive graduate assistantship (GA) funding.
- No more than 18 hours of graduate coursework taken prior to admission to the Graduate School can be applied toward completion of the MPA.
Ready to get started?
For additional information about the MPA JUMP, contact
Shannon K. Vaughan, Ph.D., MPA
Professor, MPA Director
Department of Political Science
Western Kentucky University
300 Cherry Hall
1906 College Heights Blvd. #11060
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1060