MPA JUMP Program
MPA JUMP Program
The Master of Public Administration Joint Undergraduate-Masters Program (JUMP) offers highly qualified and motivated students the opportunity to complete a Bachelor’s degree and a Master’s degree in an accelerated time frame. The JUMP program allows students to count up to 12 graduate hours toward the completion of their undergraduate degree program as well as the graduate degree program.
To apply, students:
- Must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.2.
- Must have completed at least 60 but no more than 96 hours towards the undergraduate degree.
- Must have a written recommendation from a WKU faculty member or academic advisor.
- Must provide a writing sample to the director of Master of Public Administration program.
After admission to the JUMP program.
- Students must maintain a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 to remain in good standing.
- Students who do not maintain the minimum GPA requirement may be denied graduate standing.
- Students may take up to 18 hours of graduate courses and apply up to 12 credits toward both their undergraduate and their graduate degrees.
- Students remain undergraduates until they meet all of the requirements for the undergraduate degree and are eligible for all rights and privileges granted undergraduate status including financial aid.
Admission to the Graduate School for JUMP students.
- In order to gain admittance to the graduate program, students must earn a minimum of 3.0 in each graduate course applied to the JUMP degree. Students who fail to maintain the GPA requirement may be denied graduate standing.
- The GRE admission requirement for the MPA program is waived for JUMP students.
- On admission to the Graduate School, the student is classified as a graduate student and granted all rights and privileges of WKU graduate students.
- Students may count a maximum of 18 hours of graduate coursework toward the MPA prior to admission to the Graduate School.
For information about the MPA JUMP Program, contact
Graduate Degree Application - Program of Study Form (check JUMP at bottom)