Lifetime Experience Grants
- Must be enrolled at WKU with at least one semester of full-time enrollment left to complete.
- Must have a 3.0+ GPA.
- Must commit to applying for an OSD-supported nationally competitive scholarship.
- Must effectively demonstrate how Lifetime Experience (LTE) Grant funding would fund one or more of the following activities to increase one’s competitiveness for selected national scholarships.
- conduct research or creative scholarship
- pursue low-paid or unpaid internships in the U.S. and abroad
- gain training or education not available at WKU
- fund community service/engagement projects in the U.S. and abroad
- seek university affiliation for international post-graduate fellowships such as Fulbright Research/Study and Rotary Global Grant
- The Lifetime Experience (LTE) Grant is not intended to fund coursework in the U.S. or abroad. Students seeking funding for study abroad experiences should indicate how the funding will support activities outside normal coursework.
- The Lifetime Experience (LTE) Grant is not a travel grant. Students may include conference travel in their budgets; however, conference participation must not be the focus of the proposal.
- Lifetime Experience (LTE) Grant recipients commit to meeting with an advisor in the Office of Scholar Development to apply for the agreed upon national scholarships.
- Recipients also complete a short service project aimed at encouraging other students to pursue similar experiences, such as an Instagram Story takeover, participating in an OSD panel, or giving a class presentation.
- Lifetime Experience (LTE) Grant recipients agree to provide supplemental documentation appropriate for their approved project, such as photographs or expense receipts.
Knowing that every student pursues their goals on different timelines, we review and award Lifetime Experience (LTE) Grant applications monthly until funding has been exhausted.