The Undergraduate Organizational Leadership Certificate Program offers an undergraduate
interdisciplinary academic program. You will enhance your understanding of leadership
theory and practice, while applying it directly toward your academic or professional
area of interest.
Eligible students from all majors are encouraged to participate.
- Enhanced career opportunities
- Special lectures and interaction with local and regional leaders
- Workshops and seminars
- Applied activities
- Leadership participation
- Professional experience
- Certificate becomes a permanent part of your academic transcript
Current WKU Students
Minimum requirements for acceptance into an undergraduate certificate program are:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Application and Fee: Students seeking a certificate program must submit an online
application with Undergraduate Admissions. The completed form must be submitted along
with a one-time application fee of $45.00 (non-refundable).
- Transcript Record: Graduates/Transfers of accredited institutions other than WKU must
submit an official transcript from that institution.
Admission Process for New Students
Starting your certificate program can be completed by following the steps below. Please note: These steps should be completed ONLY by those who wish to earn the certificate as a stand-alone credential. If you plan
to earn an associate degree or bachelor's, please follow the application process for
that degree and submit the certificate program form to your advisor.
- Apply for admission
- Submit Required Materials:
- Beginning Freshmen: An official high school transcript (no faxed transcripts accepted) and ACT or SAT scores. Students over the age of 21 may substitute the ACCUPLACER for ACT/SAT.
- Transfer Students: Send your official transcripts from each college attended to Undergraduate Admissions. You may request electronic transcripts through the National Student Clearinghouse. This speeds up the admissions process considerably. If your school is not listed
with the Clearinghouse, please contact them directly to see if they have another process
in place for electronic submissions or request that an official copy be sent by mail.
Transfer students with fewer than 24 semester hours of college credit earned, must
also submit high school transcript and ACT or SAT scores.
To apply to WKU and earn this certificate:
Complete the WKU Domestic and International Undergraduate Application
Under Planned Course of Study Section, if you are not enrolling in any other program, choose:
- Category of Study >>> Certificate
- Planned Course of Study >>> Organizational Leadership
- Primary Location >>> Web (online)
Admission Application Deadlines
Kentucky and Out-of-State Residents
- Fall Semester: August 1
- Spring Semester: January 1
- Summer Term: May 1
- Fall Semester: April 1
- Spring Semester: September 1
- Summer Term: March 1
The Undergraduate Organizational Leadership Certificate requires 14 credit hours, and may be earned as a stand-alone certificate, or as part
of your undergraduate degree.
Select One (1) of the following:
- LEAD 200 Effective Leadership Studies
- LEAD 300 Leadership Theory and Application
Select Three (3) of the following:
- LEAD 325 Leading Change
- LEAD 330 Leader Ethics and Decision Making
- LEAD 395 Contemporary Issues in Leadership
- LEAD 440 Leading Teams
- LEAD 450 Global Leadership
- LEAD 400 Practicum in Leadership