This program prepares individuals to apply basic manufacturing processing and technology
skills in support of industrial operations. The coursework focuses on the requirements
and selection criteria for the integration of technology into simple and complex industrial
Current WKU Students
Minimum requirements for acceptance into an undergraduate certificate program are:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Application and Fee: Students seeking a certificate program must submit an online
application with Undergraduate Admissions. The completed form must be submitted along
with a one-time application fee of $45.00 (non-refundable).
- Transcript Record: Graduates/Transfers of accredited institutions other than WKU must
submit an official transcript from that institution.
Admission Process for New Students
Starting your certificate program can be completed by following the steps below. Please note: These steps should be completed ONLY by those who wish to earn the certificate as a stand-alone credential. If you plan
to earn an associate degree or bachelor's, please follow the application process for
that degree and submit the certificate program form to your advisor.
- Apply for admission
- Submit Required Materials:
- Beginning Freshmen: An official high school transcript (no faxed transcripts accepted) and ACT or SAT scores. Students over the age of 21 may substitute the ACCUPLACER for ACT/SAT.
- Transfer Students: Send your official transcripts from each college attended to Undergraduate Admissions. You may request electronic transcripts through the National Student Clearinghouse. This speeds up the admissions process considerably. If your school is not listed
with the Clearinghouse, please contact them directly to see if they have another process
in place for electronic submissions or request that an official copy be sent by mail.
Transfer students with fewer than 24 semester hours of college credit earned, must
also submit high school transcript and ACT or SAT scores.
To apply to WKU and earn this certificate:
Complete the WKU Domestic and International Undergraduate Application
Under Planned Course of Study Section, if you are not enrolling in any other program, choose:
- Category of Study >>> Certificate
- Planned Course of Study >>> Manufacturing Processing & Technology
- Primary Location >>> Web (online)
Admission Application Deadlines
Kentucky and Out-of-State Residents
- Fall Semester: August 1
- Spring Semester: January 1
- Summer Term: May 1
- Fall Semester: April 1
- Spring Semester: September 1
- Summer Term: March 1
This program requires 9 hours from the required courses and a 3 hour elective:
||Intro to Supply Chain Management
List of Electives
||Intro to Food Science & Technology
||Food Processing: Unit Operations
||Systems Design and Operations
Department of Architectural & Manufacturing Sciences
Phone: (270) 745-3521
Phone: (270) 745-5173
Toll-Free: 888-4WKUWEB / 888-495-8932