Lean Six Sigma Graduate Certificate
Covers concepts, principles, and skills related to Six Sigma, Lean, Theory of Constraints and Total Quality Management. It is applicable for students and employees seeking professional Black/Green Belt or Lean Certification.
- Education and training for industry professionals or non-degree seeking students interested in obtaining Six Sigma or Lean Certification
- Attain known industry credentials with the option of applying credit hours towards completion of a master's degree
- Combine theory with practitioner skills and abilities for increased productivity and economic development
- Increased influence and promotion potential
- Opportunity for personal growth and learning
Industry offers substantial compensation to certified professionals. This holds true particularly for Six Sigma belts and Lean Certificate holders. Six Sigma and Lean principles have been applied successfully in business, engineering, health services, sciences, government, education and media.
A baccalaureate degree is required for admission to this program.
To begin the program, submit an application for graduate admission along with official transcripts indicating that you have a baccalaureate degree to the Graduate School. Once accepted, submit the certificate program of study form. Courses taken in the certificate can also count towards the Master of Science in Engineering Technology Management.
Core courses (9hs)
- AMS 540: Theory of Constraints
- AMS 594: Lean Systems
- *AMS 580: Six Sigma Quality
Select one (1) course (3hrs)
- AMS 671: Quality Management
- AMS 590: Operations Management
- AMS 655: Project Management
- AMS 520: Resource Management
* AMS 580: Six Sigma Quality requires a prerequisite course, AMS 271: Industrial Statistics or equivalent.
For more information about the cost of the program, average time to complete the program, and other important information, please visit this website.
For more information about the program, fill out the form below.