The Graduate Organizational Leadership Certificate is available completely online and requires 12 credit hours. This program offers
an interdisciplinary graduate academic program. You will enhance your understanding of leadership theory
and practice while applying it directly toward your academic or professional area
Students admitted to the Graduate School at WKU can elect to pursue the graduate certificate in Leadership Studies as a stand-alone
program, or in conjunction with a masters degree program, with advisor approval.
The GRE is not required for entry into the Leadership Certificate program.
- Enhanced career opportunities
- Special lectures and interaction with local and regional leaders
- Workshops and seminars
- Applied activities
- Leadership participation
- Professional experience
- Certificate becomes a permanent part of your academic transcript
The minimum requirements for acceptance are as follows:
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Have adequate preparation in the field of specialization.
- Application and Fee
- Official copy of Transcript(s)
- 2.75 GPA (on a 4.0 Scale)
- Conditional admission is considered on a case by case basis for those not meeting
- This admission process will be a holistic evaluation of the candidate’s body of academic
and professional experiences.
- Candidates must submit a resume and any other credentials that verify their professional
- Student are conditionally admitted and must achieve a 3.0 GPA in the first 6 credits
of graduate courses.
- The GRE is not required for admission into this certificate.
1. Apply for admission
- Visit the WKU Online Admission Page for more information.
- A Step By Step Guide for completing the application process: Application Tutorial
- There is a $65 application fee.
- Complete the WKU Domestic and International Graduate Application
- Under Planned Course of Study Section, Choose:
- Category of Study >>> Certificate
- Planned Course of Study >>> Organizational Leadership (1723)
2. Submit Required Materials:
- OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT
- Request at least one official transcript showing the completed degree from accredited
institutions other than WKU.
- The transcript must be forwarded from the college or university registrar electronically
or directly to the Graduate School.
- Send your official transcripts from each college attended to Graduate Admissions.
- You may request electronic transcripts through the National Student Clearinghouse. This speeds up the admissions process considerably. If your school is not listed
with the Clearinghouse, please contact them directly to see if they have another process
in place for electronic submissions or request that an official copy be sent by mail.
- For additional information on university admission requirements please visit the Graduate School Admission Page.
Deadlines for Admission Applications & Transcripts
- Fall Semester: Rolling Admission
- Spring Semester: Rolling Admission
Required Core Courses (3 Hours)
- LEAD 500: Effective Leadership Studies
Elective Courses (6 Hours)
Pick 2 electives with advisor approval from the following 3 categories with advisor
- Ethics and Social Responsibility (3 Hours)
- Human Relations (3 Hours)
- Critical Thinking and Empirical Assessment (3 Hours)
Capstone (3 Hours)
- LEAD 600: Leadership Capstone Experience
Total: 12 Credit Hours
Please note the following as you plan your program of study:
- Students admitted to graduate studies at WKU can elect to pursue the graduate certificate
by itself or with advisor approval in conjunction with a masters program in a specific discipline.