Graduate Certificate: ICT Endorsement
The Instructional Computer Technology Endorsement (ICT), P-12, prepares teachers for integrating technology into teaching, creating multimedia, interactive instruction, and leadership in educational technology. Certified teachers may obtain the Instructional Computer Technology Endorsement P-12 within a master's degree or as a stand-alone program. The Kentucky P-12 Instructional Computer Technology Endorsement requires a teaching certificate. One-hundred percent of the program is online.
The minimum requirements for acceptance into the ICT Teaching Endorsement are as follows:
- A bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing.
- Adequate preparation in the field of study.
Application & Fee
Students seeking this certificate must apply online.There is an application fee.
Graduates of accredited institutions other than WKU must submit an official transcript showing the completed degree to the Graduate School.
The ICT Endorsement, as a stand-alone program, requires 12 credit hours, including six hours of coursework in Educational Technology and six hours of pre-approved electives:
Educational Technology Course Requirements
- LME 535: Survey of Educational Technology Practices
- LME 537: Principles of Educational Technology Applications (Prerequisite: LME 535)
Elective Courses (students may select six hours from the following list):
- LME 545: Educational Technology Production (Prerequisite: LME 537)
- LME 550: Emerging Technology in Education (Prerequisite: LME 535)
- LME 547: Integration of Educational Technology (Prerequisite: LME 537)
- LME 737: Educational Technology Leadership
If a student is completing the LME master's degree program with the Information Services (LMS) Concentration, the student can obtain the Instructional Computer Technology Endorsement P-12 by selecting two additional LME courses from the above list.
As part of an approved program of study, this endorsement can provide certified teachers in Kentucky with professional rank change at the Rank II or Rank I levels
For more information about the program, fill out the form below.