Facility and Event Management Graduate Certificate
WKU’s School of Kinesiology, Recreation and Sport offers a 100% online graduate certificate in Facility and Event Management. This 12-credit-hour graduate certificate focuses on practical skills needed for employment in the rapidly growing field of Facility and Event Management. Recreation and sport professionals with skills and experience related to Facility and Event Management are extremely employable and this certificate can be obtained through online courses on a part-time or full-time basis!
Examples of professionals who can benefit from this certificate program include the following:
- Municipal Park and Recreation Employees
- Collegiate and Professional Sport Facility Managers
- Convention and Conference Center Employees
- Facility and Event Security Personnel
- Aquatic Facility Managers
- Golf Course Personnel
- Stadium and Arena Managers
- Athletic Coaches/Administrators
- Campus Recreation Employees
- Event Planners
- Motorsports Personnel
- Shooting Sports Employees
The minimum requirements for acceptance into the Graduate Certificate in Facility and Event Management are as follows:
- A bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing.
- Adequate preparation in the field of study.
- Application & Fee
Students seeking this certificate must apply online. There is an application fee.
- Transcript Record
Graduates of accredited institutions other than WKU must submit an official transcript showing the completed degree to the Office of Graduate Studies.
The following courses are required to complete the certificate program:
The most recent occupational outlook data shows projected growth of 44% in the field of facility and event management through 2020! Here are a few sites that can show you current availability in the field:
- Summer Event Management & Olympic Sports Internship OpportunityThe Georgia State Games is one of the largest Amateur Olympic-Style Sports Festivals in the country and they rely heavily on top-quality interns to operate many of their sporting Events Projects and Programs. Interns get a great, hands-on experience. For more information, or to apply, click here.
- Sports Careers Institute, LLC
- Sports and Live Events Jobs
- Career Builder Event Management Jobs
- NACDA Job Center
- NCAA-The Market
- Higher Ed Jobs
WKU has partnered with the National Association of College Directors of Athletics (NACDA), through their affiliate organization the Collegiate Event and Facility Management Association (CEFMA), to offer up to one year of student membership.
Benefits of membership with CEFMA/NACDA include reduced rates for the annual CEFMA Convention, copies of Athletics Administration magazine, access to the NACDA Daily Review via email, participation in the CEFMA listserv, access to NACDA’s Job Center online, and opportunities to network with a diverse group of professionals in the field.
WKU has partnered with the International Association of Venue Managers (IAVM) to offer students of the Master of Science in Facility and Event Management up to two years of associate-student membership as part of their program experience.
Benefits of this membership include exceptional professional development opportunities, a vast network of professionals around the globe and much more.
For more information about the cost of the program, average time to complete the program, and other important information, please visit this website.