WKU is committed to delivering learning opportunities that fit your life! We achieve this through the delivery of flexible courses, degree programs and student support services for prospective and current online learners.
Online courses are delivered via the internet using Blackboard LMS. The difference lies in the calendar!
- Web classesare semester-based, online classes that follow the same schedule as face-to-face courses - they have specific start and end dates with terms beginning in the fall, winter, spring, and summer. The campus location is listed as "web" in Topnet. Most web classes do not require any face-to-face meetings. However, the professor may require as many as two and still list the class as a web class. If any meetings are required, they will be listed in the "blue notes" just below the class section in the schedule of classes. If this is a concern for you, please contact WKU Online prior to registration at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-4WKUWEB
- On Demand classes provide students the opportunity to earn college credit when and where it is convenient for them. The campus location is listed as "On Demand" in Topnet. There are more than 100 undergraduate and graduate flex-paced courses available completely online. Students have the option to accelerate course completion by finishing in as little as 7 weeks or take advantage of an extended time frame. Visit wku.edu/online.
Upcoming Web Class Schedules:
- Spring 2018 (Second bi-term courses are still available)
- Summer 2018 (Tentative Schedule) (Priority registration begins March 19-23)
- On Demand (start any day of the year)
Contact WKU Online
Phone: (270) 745-5173
Available for face-to-face (F2F) classes?
In addition to WKU Online and On Demand, the University has four campus locations dedicated to the delivery of F2F courses and degree programs - Bowling Green, Glasgow, Owensboro and Elizabethtown-Fort Knox - allowing you the freedom to choose what works best for you!
WKU Bowling Green
Web Classes (Past & Present)
Many students find it helpful to review information related to past online class offerings. The links below will take you to web classes offered each semester for the past two years, as well as current and upcoming offerings when they become available.
|Winter 2018||Winter 2017||Winter 2016|
|Spring 2018||Spring 2017||Spring 2016|
|Summer 2018||Summer 2017||Summer 2016|
|Fall 2018||Fall 2017||Fall 2016|
Colonnade Program (General Education)
The Colonnade Program (formerly general education) is a set of classes designed for all students seeking a bachelor's degree at WKU. The curriculum was created with an aim to develop understanding, appreciation, and acceptance of multiple "ways of knowing," including artistic, literary, philosophical, historical, and scientific. WKU provides an online pathway for completion of general education/colonnade curriculum. Please work with your advisor or refer to the guides below to identify online options:
Online & On Demand Colonnade Classes
- WKU On Demand Colonnade Options - open enrollment any time!
- Fall Colonnade Courses - starting August 21
All approved courses are listed below: