The Pride Center
Stop by Downing Student Union Rm #2084
THE PRIDE CENTER
Stop by for meetings, studying, or to just hang out!
Downing Student Union Rm #2084
The mission of the WKU Pride Center is to support all LGBTQ, questioning, and allied students at Western Kentucky University. The Pride Center works to improve the campus climate for all LGBTQ+ students by advocating for the respect and safety of all members of the campus community through events and educational opportunities. The Pride Center collaborates with other campus programs and groups to support students as they complete their educational goals.
The WKU Pride Center can be used for holding meetings, studying, and hanging out. If you would like to reserve the space for a group meeting, please complete this form.
Lavender Recognition Ceremony
On May 11, 2015, Western Kentucky University held its inaugural Lavender Recognition Ceremony. This is an annual event that builds on the university-wide commencement activities. As an officially supported ceremony, the ceremony celebrates and recognizes the achievements and contributions of our LGBTQ and Ally graduates to the WKU community. The event is held during the spring semester prior to the academic commencement ceremonies. Learn more.
Pride Center Navigators
Pride Center Navigators serve as mentors for LGBTQ+ students in the WKU Pride Center. Navigators gain experience in mentoring, problem solving, event management, and large and small group facilitation. Interested applicants should value collaboration, teamwork, and inclusive excellence.
- 2.7 Cumulative GPA
- Good Juidicial Record
- Faculty/Staff Recommendation
- Impact the life and academic success of your peers
- Network with faculty, staff and community members
- Professional, leadership and personal development
- Earn up to 100 service hours
- $250 stipend per semester
- Application is Live: September 26, 2023-October 31, 2023
- Group Interview: November 2023 (Date TBD)
- Notice of Acceptance: December 1, 2023
- Spring Training: January 2024 (Date TBD)