ISEC Academy Navigators
The Academy is a retention program housed in the Intercultural Student Engagement Center (ISEC). The Academy is committed to increasing the retention and graduation rates of domestic minorities, first generation, Pell Grant eligible and in need of transitional support. In addition, The Academy fosters an institutional climate supportive of the success of these students.
The Academy beings prior to M.A.S.T.E.R. Plan, and will continue with activities throughout the remainder of the school year.
ISEC Navigators serve as the student leaders and Orientation guides for the ISEC Academy Orientation. Navigators are placed in cluster groups and are assigned a group of conference attendees and provide support and guidance during and after the summer conference. ISEC Navigators gain experience in mentoring, problem solving, event management, and large and small group facilitation. Navigators network with university senior administration, faculty, and staff from across campus as well as undergo training on admissions and university processes to assist in the recruitment of prospective students. Interested applications should value collaboration, teamwork, and inclusive excellence.
ISEC Navigator Coordinators serve as the student peer leaders to ISEC Navigators. In addition, navigator coordinators support the ISEC Scholar Council in the development and execution of ISEC programming. Navigator Coordinators are assigned a group of ISEC Navigators to supervise and support in addition to serving in one of the following coordinating positions: Coordinator(s) of Recruitment & Operations, Coordinator(s) of Scholar Development, and Coordinator(s) of Hospitality & Programming.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA (Navigators) | 3.0 GPA (Navigator Coordinators)
- Good judicial record
- Faculty/staff recommendation
- Be present during ISEC Academy move-in weekend (meet scholars, develop plan, etc.)
- Assist with planning and implementation of ISEC Academy programs and activities
- Meet monthly with Student Success Retention Coordinator
- Impact the life and academic success of your peers
- Network with faculty, staff and community members
- Professional, leadership and personal development
- Earn up to 100 service hours
- Application deadline: March 31, 2020
- Individual Interviews: April 13-17, 2020
- 2020-21 ISEC Navigator Announcement: April 21, 2020
- Mandatory 2020-21 Navigator Meeting via ZOOM: April 30, 2020 @ 5 PM