Facebook Pixel Policies | Western Kentucky University
ID Center

Policies & Frequently Asked Questions

 Terms & Conditions

WKU ID Card Terms & Conditions

The ID cards are the property of Western Kentucky University and are intended for University purposes only. Any transfer, alteration, falsification, or forgery of a campus identification card constitutes a violation of University policy and may result in an appropriate disciplinary action. In addition, fraudulent or illegal use of the campus identification card may result in criminal charges and/or civil proceedings.


This card is not transferable and must be presented upon request to establish official University identification.


The University is not responsible for any loss or expense resulting from the loss, theft, or misuse of the WKU ID Card.


Replacement cards will be made for a fee of $25.00.


A $10 service charge will be deducted from the account balance of anyone requesting a refund for Big Red and/or Dining Dollars at the end of the semester.


If no refund request is made, the funds will remain on the account from semester to semester.


No transfers between Meal Plan Dollars, Dining Dollars and/or Big Red Dollars are allowed.


Any billed charges for accounts on the WKU ID Card that are left unpaid may be collected from any outstanding card balances. See specific information regarding billings due dates and procedures by visiting the Tuition and Fees website at: wku.edu/bursar/


Any disputes regarding off-campus Big Red Dollars must be addressed within 60 days of the original transaction date.


Meal plan cancellations or changes are allowed until the end of the 2nd week of classes for each semester. Meal plan cancellations will be charged a $150 service charge and be subject to the cancellation policy found at wku.edu/wkurg/mealplancancel.


Lost cards should be reported immediately to the ID Center.


There is a limit of $20 per day for vending machine transactions with the WKU ID Card (to prevent unauthorized use).


Check your card purchase history and/or balances at get.cbord.com

Big Red and Dining Dollars Accounts

The Big Red and Dining Dollars Account is a debit program for WKU Students, Staff, and Faculty.  You must add funds before you can use your Big Red Dollars and Dining Dollars Account.  Big Red Dollars are widely used on campus and off campus at participating merchants for food, entertainment, bookstores, printing, copying, prescriptions, and much more.  For a complete list please click "Off-Campus Big Red Dollar Merchants" on the left. Dining Dollars are used exclusively for food purchases on campus.



The following Terms & Conditions apply to the use of the Big Red and Dining Dollar Account feature of the ID Card. The agreement to comply with these Terms & Conditions constitutes a contract between the holder of the ID Card (“Cardholder”) and Western Kentucky University (the “University”).  The use of the Big Red and Dining Dollar Account feature of the ID Card will constitute the Cardholder’s agreement to comply with all of the Terms & Conditions set forth in this document.  



You must add funds before you can use your Big Red Dollars or Dining Dollars Account (Account).  Once you have made an initial deposit into your Account you may use it as an alternative to cash to make purchases on campus and off campus at participating merchants.  These transactions are called “electronic fund transfers”, or “ETFs”.   The federal Electronic Fund Transfer Act, 15 U.S.C.§§ 1693 et seq, and Federal Reserve Board Regulation E, 12 C.F.R. §§ 205.1 et seq., protect cardholders who use their ID Card to make electronic fund transfers. This disclosure statement notifies you of important rights that the cardholder has under the law. Please retain this disclosure statement for your records and information.

A Cardholder may deposit funds in whole dollar amounts at the following locations:

  • Through TopNet ($20 minimum deposit)

  • The ID Center Office in Room 2125 of the Downing Student Union 

  • Online deposits may be made with Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express® or Discover®. The ID Center Office accepts cash, check, Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express® or Discover®.

All Big Red and Dining Dollar Account funds automatically carry forward semester to semester, and year to year, or may be refunded less a $10 processing fee. Unused funds expire after two years of inactivity.

The Cardholder’s ID Card will be the access device for the Big Red and Dining Dollar Account.  A valid and current card must be presented at the time of purchase at participating merchants.

WKU reserves the right to close a Holder's account(s) at any time, and to refuse any application to establish a new account. Students who choose to activate Big Red and /or Dining Dollars are not permitted to withdraw prepaid funds until the student either graduates or withdraws from the university. Staff, Faculty members and affiliates who choose to utilize prepaid Big Red and/or Dining Dollar accounts, will not be permitted to withdraw funds unless their employments or affiliation with the University ceases. A refund may be requested after the holder graduates, withdraws, or terminates. All refund requests must be directed to the ID Center Office in writing. If the Holder decides to open another Account thereafter, the Holder will be required to enter into a new Account agreement. Goods and services purchased and debited using Big Red Dollars may be returned according to return policies at the location where the purchase was made; if such return is permitted, the Holder's account will be credited for the appropriate amount.



Contact us immediately if your ID Card has been lost or stolen.  Failure to do so could result in the loss of all funds in your Account.  Calling our office or deactivating your ID online (information below) are the quickest ways to deactivate your ID and minimize losses.  You are responsible for all transactions that occur until your WKU ID is reported lost or stolen.  Only the balance at the time that your ID is reported to us as lost or stolen will be protected against unauthorized use.  Also contact us immediately if an electronic fund transfer has occurred without your permission.



WKU Students and Employees may report their WKU ID lost or stolen to the ID Center, Downing Student Union, Room 2125, Bowling Green, KY 42101, (270) 745-2417.



If you believe that someone has or will make an unauthorized transaction on your Account, please contact us immediately in one of the following ways:  (1) In person or in writing to ID Center, Downing Student Union, Room 2125, Bowling Green, KY 42101 (2) by calling (270) 745-2417; or (3) by email to idcenter@lists.wku.edu.  Please provide your name, ID Number, telephone number, and any information that may help avoid the loss or additional loss of funds from your Account.  We must hear from you no later than 10 days after the transaction appears. 



For purposes of these disclosures, The ID Center Office business days are 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday, excluding official university holidays.  Summer office hours may vary.



You may use your Big Red Dollars Account to purchase goods and services at any on campus and off campus venues that accept Big Red Dollars.  Transfers between accounts is not available. The holder understands and agrees that the funds maintained as Big Red Dollars or Dining Dollars are not a credit card account and that under no circumstances may debits or charges to the account result in a balance below zero. The account may not be used to obtain cash or cash advances under any circumstances.

Preauthorized transfers such as direct deposits, payment of monthly bills, etc., are prohibited on the Account. The Accounts are non-interest bearing accounts. The Accounts and ID Cards are non-transferrable. No other person may use the Cardholder’s ID Card or any of its features, including the Big Red or Dining Dollar Accounts. The Cardholder may be required to show additional identification and/or sign a receipt for the purchase of goods and services. Restitution will be required of Cardholders if offline transactions are made which result in overdraft of the Cardholder’s Account. The University is not responsible for the quality of any merchandise or services provided by any participating merchant that accepts the Account for payment.

The Accounts may not be used for the purchase of alcoholic beverages or tobacco products.  Attempting to purchase alcoholic beverages or tobacco products using a Big Red Dollar Account is a violation of the Terms and Conditions and may result in the suspension and possible termination of cardholder's Account. Any other mis-use or fraudulent activity using an Account may also result in the suspension and possible termination of cardholder's Account.

Western Kentucky University reserves the right to cancel this agreement if an individual violates any rules, regulations, policies, and/or procedures, or breaches in any way, any term and condition of this agreement.  Future changes in terms and conditions will supersede the terms and conditions in effect at the time the card was acquired. 



We may disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make:  (1) Where it is necessary for completing transfers, or (2) in order to comply with government agency or court orders, or (3) if you give us your written permission.



A receipt is available each time funds are added to your Account.  You may request a receipt each time you make a purchase using your Account.



Big Red Dollars transactions may be viewed online through get.cbord.com. The first time you visit this page you will need to create a login ID.

If you believe that a transaction is incorrect or unauthorized, or if you need more information regarding a transaction, please contact us immediately in one of the following ways:  (1) In person or in writing to ID Center, Downing Student Union, Room 2125, Bowling Green, KY 42101 (2) by calling (270) 745-2417; or (3) by email to idcenter@lists.wku.edu.  Please provide your name, ID Number, telephone number, and any information that may help us research the transcations(s) in question.  avoid the loss or additional loss of funds from your Account.  We must hear from you no later than 10 days after the transaction appears. 



If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, you will not be liable for your losses or damages, with some exceptions.  You will be liable, for instance:  (1) if, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer; (2) if the transfer amount is greater than your balance; (3) if the system was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer; (4) if circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken; or (5) there may be other exceptions stated in our agreement with you.



Any change of terms will appear within these Terms & Conditions on the ID Center website.  In addition, Western Kentucky University and/or the ID Center Office may terminate these programs in whole or in part at any time.



These terms and conditions shall be governed in all respects by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.


Frequently Asked Questions

The magnetic stripe on your ID card may be worn or damaged.

Bring your card to the ID Center. We will check it out for you, and if it is damaged due to normal wear and tear we will replace your card free of charge (limited to 1 free replacement per year).

If it has been damaged due to misuse, you may replace it for $25.00.

The ID card verification system will allow only one classification--either faculty/staff or student. You only need one ID card.

Whatever classification ranks more, that is the ID type you will be issued.

For example, if you are a full-time student and part-time faculty/staff, you will be issued a student ID. Or, if you are a full-time faculty/staff, but are taking under 12 hours of classes (part-time student), you will be issued a faculty/staff ID.

If you change statuses, you can receive a new ID card to reflect that change. Status change must be verified by ID staff either by utilizing Banner or by communication from department involved.  You must turn in your old ID card, and we will update your status and print a new, updated card free of charge.

If your ID card is missing, immediately report it to the ID Center in DSU 2125, (270) 745-2417, or by logging into get.cbord.com to deactivate your card.

Login to get.cbord.com



Once the missing card has been reported, the ID Center can provide a report showing all transactions made with your ID card. You may contact WKU Police with this information to assist them in their investigation. 

You may request a replacement ID card for a fee of $25.00. This card will automatically become the active card, and your lost/stolen card will remain inactive.

If you have received a name change, bring in your current ID card, with any documentation confirming the change (ex. marriage license, Social Security Card).

If you have your current ID card to turn in, there will be no replacement fee.

This card is intended to be your ID card throughout your entire academic or employment career at Western Kentucky University.  Replacements are not normally issued except in the case of outdated info or if lost or stolen.

With meal plan dollars, you get a 6% discount at any participating location. You can use them for printing, food, in the book store, and some placed off campus.

Dining dollars work like Meal Plan Dollars, but they can be added to your account at any point in the semester. They are only used for on campus food and the two convenience stores located on campus.

The minimum amount is $10 in the ID Center Office, or $20 online through Topnet.


Downing Student Union 2125  |  (270) 745-2417  |  idcenter@lists.wku.edu  | M-F 8:00 AM-4:30 PM

Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.

 Last Modified 5/26/22