What are Electrical Engineers (EEs)?
Electrical engineers are experts in dealing with electricity, electromagnetism, and electronics. The electrical engineering major is extremely practical in the world today as everything is being automated with Electrical Engineering (EE) solutions.
Why EE at WKU?
WKU's EE program is special for its small class sizes and emphasis on applied research opportunities. Our project based curriculum will allow students to work on real problems while gaining practical skills that will be applicable to their workplace upon graduation.
WKU Electrical Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org
- Some local companies that hire EE's: Logan Aluminum, Sumitomo, New Mather Metals, and General Motors
- EE's are hired in a variety of types of engineering work which invole: Circuits & Electronics, Electrical Power Systems, Computer Hardware and Embedded Systems, Robotics, Control Systems, Automation Biomedical Applications, Automotive and Aerospace Systems, and Manufacturing Plants
- Circuits & Electronics
- Communication & Signal Processing
- Power Systems
- Computer Design & Embedded Systems
- Robotics, Control Systems, & Automation
- Electromagnetics & Optoelectronics