Services & Programs
- Professional Education Admissions
- Field Experience
- Student Teaching
- Teacher Certification
- Minority Recruitment And Retention Program
- Alternative Route To Teacher Certification Program
- TEACH Grant
- International Cross-Cultural Initiatives
- School of Teacher Education
- University Supervisors
- Praxis Information
Teacher Services Search:
Press Enter to Search
Teacher Certification Procedures
- Submit a CA-1 Form (or CA-TP Form for Alternative Route students) to:
Office of Teacher Certification
Western Kentucky University
1906 College Heights Blvd #61031
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1031
- Submit a paper Transcript Request Form to:
Office of the Registrar
Western Kentucky University
1906 College Heights Blvd #11017
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1017
If completing a degree, please check the box: HOLD for posting of degree. If completing a Planned 5th Year, Planned 6th Year, or Certification Only program, please check the box: HOLD for end of semester grades. Please indicate you wish for the transcript to be released to the Office of Teacher Certification. The Certification Office picks up transcripts daily from the Registrar’s office.
NOTE: Only Official Transcripts will be accepted.
- Recommendations for teacher certification will be processed ONLYwhen the following documents have been received by the Office of Teacher Certification:
- Completed CA-1 Form (Pages 1, 3, & 5)
- Official Transcripts
- Passing Praxis II or Specialty Exam Scores (where applicable)
NOTE: Please keep a copy of ALL Praxis scores for your records
- Once processed, the CA-1 Form and official transcripts will be sent directly to KY’s Education Professional Standards Board in Frankfort. A copy will be mailed to the applicant for your records. The certification fee should be paid directly through the EPSB’s e-Pay system at www.kyepsb.net (or a cashier’s check or money order may be mailed directly to the EPSB--never to WKU’s Certification Office).
Other Important Information:
- Program and testing requirements are subject to change. Please keep in contact with your WKU advisor regarding changes that may occur.
- For any question regarding teacher certification, please contact the Office of Teacher Certification at firstname.lastname@example.org or 270-745-4300.
- Students may verify receipt of Praxis scores, transcripts, and CA-1 Forms, and check the status of their certification by logging on to WKU’s Electronic Portfolio System http://edtech2.wku.edu/portfolio/ clicking “Student Status” and choosing “Praxis/Certification Status”. To check the status of the recommendation, log on to www.kyepsb.net and click View My Application History.
Back to: Teacher Certification
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,