Admission To Professional Education
The Office of Professional Education will provide the necessary information for admission into Professional Education and assist students with the steps in the process. Education majors, as well as transfer students who are education majors, are required to attend an orientation meeting in the semester of their first education class. The information provided at the orientation includes a checklist of requirements, the Professional Code of Ethics that must be met, and dates for completion of the admission process in time to apply for student teaching. In addition, personnel in this office will maintain records of the necessary components. Once the student’s file is complete, the Office of Professional Education will recommend students to the Professional Education Council for admission into Teacher Education. A letter of notification will be sent to the students once they are approved. Students are encouraged to visit this office at least twice a year to evaluate their files and to check the dates for orientation meetings on the website, and monitor completion of requirements through EPASS.
For more information, contact Andrea Ford.
- Professional Code Of Ethics For Kentucky School Certified Personnel
- Professional Education Admissions Orientation Meetings
- Student Checklist
- Requirements For Admission To Professional Education
- Code of Conduct for Professional Education
- Candidates Professional Education Admission Requirements
- FAQ's about Praxis tests
- Physical and TB Test [PDF]
- WKU TB Questionnaire [PDF] (or download in Microsoft Word)