PHASE II GUIDELINES
Applicants must meet the following requirements for entrance into the Internship:
A minimum of a Baccalaureate degree. A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. A minimum of 142 Quantitative and 144 Verbal on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). All scores must be within 5 years of the time of application. Completed a Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) prior to the start date of the internship. A signed "Verification Statement" or "Declaration of Intent" to complete degree.
Admissions will also be based upon the application submitted through DICAS (see Application Process for details), personal statement, resume, transcripts, letters of recommendation, and work experience, preferably paid.
Western Kentucky University Dietetic Internship follows nondiscriminatory, fair and equal procedures relating to the recruitment, selection and admission process to their program. Prospective students wanting to apply to the program should complete the following steps:
1) Prospective intern must apply to the program through the online Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS). The online application includes submission of transcripts,GRE scores, resume, letters of recommendation, and a signed "Verification Statement" or "Declaration of Intent" to complete degree. The fee to use DICAS is $40 for the first application and $20 for each additional application. More information may be found at: hht://portal.dicas.org.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be mailed to: DICAS - Transcript Department, P.O. Box 9118, Watertown, MA 02472.
- When completing the application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an e-mail address) for each reference. This will trigger an e-mail message requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed online. Students submitting more than one application will need to use the same individuals as references for each application.
2) Applicants must also register online for computer matching at www.dnddigital.com and select dietetic internship priority choices
by the set due date. There is a $50 computer matching fee.
3) Applicant must notify the DI director of their acceptance of or withdrawal from the program within 24 hours of match notification, before 6 pm (time zone of the program), the Monday after match day. A phone call to the director is required for acceptance.
4) Phase II
If the internship does not fill with the initial match, the D & D guidelines will be followed.
12:01 CST, Tuesday after match day:
- - DI Directors will have access to the "no-match" list on D&D Digital.
- -DI Directors with openings can contact and invite ONLY applicants on the "no-match" list who were on their original list of qualified applicants to attend their program.
If slots remain available, the internship will follow these guidelines:
11:00 am CST, Thursday after match day:
-Applicants have access to list of programs that have openings listed on D&D Digital.
-DI Directors of programs with openings may begin accepting applications. Applicants meeting the admission requirements will be reviewed within 48 hours
and if the requirements are met the director will begin offering the applicant a position in the internship.
All applications must be posted to DICAS. The admission requirements will be followed.
5) Interns will apply to the WKU Graduate School after acceptance into the Internship. Admission requirements for the internship also meet WKU Graduate School requirements. The school code for WKU is #1901. The program code for the DI is #0451.