The Dietetic Internship at Western Kentucky University is a Masters/Dietetic Internship combined program with a concentration in Business Leadership. Dietetic interns will enroll in the Dietetic Practice Graduate Certificate program and the Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) program. Our program provides 1050 hours of supervised practice experience with 160 additional hours of alternative learning opportunities. The Dietetic Interns upon graduation will have fulfilled the requirements necessary to be eligible to take the accreditation exam to become a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist as well as graduate with a MBA.
The mission of the WKU dietetic internship is to prepare competent entry-level Registered Dietitian Nutritionists to become leaders within their profession, engaged citizens in their communities and work to improve the quality of life of individuals, employees, and peers in their communities and beyond.
Goals and Outcome Measures
- At least 80% of program interns complete program/degree requirements within 22 months (150% of the program length).
- Of graduates who seek employment, 70% are employed in nutrition and dietetics or related fields within 12 months of graduation.
- 80% of program graduates take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within 12 months of program completion.
- The program's one year pass rate (graduates who pass the registration exam within one year of the first attempt) on the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists is at least 80%.
- 80% of employers surveyed will rate program graduates average or above on the employer surveys.
- 60% of responses from program graduates will indicate membership in one or more professional organizations.
- 80% of program graduates are maintaining RDN status.
- 50% of program graduates will attain dietetics leadership roles, management positions, project/program oversite duties, and/or be entrepreneurs within 5 years of graduating.
Supervised Practice Sites
Interns will be assigned to supervised practice sites throughout Kentucky. Every effort will be made to accommodate intern requests for site locations. Site locations include:
- Bowling Green
*WKU Dietetic Internship outcomes available upon request.