Applied Human Sciences
1906 College Heights Blvd #11037
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1037
Child and Family Studies Graduate Program Admission Requirements
- An overall GPA of at least 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) for all hours earned past the first 60-semester or 90-quarter hours of the baccalaureate degree.
- A 2-3 page letter of professional intent describing professional interests and career goals. It should adhere to the following guidelines: The letter of professional intent should be a measure of an applicant’s writing style and writing ability. It should be 2-3 pages in length and is expected to be well organized, free of typing and grammatical errors, and clearly written. It should have an introduction, clearly stated purpose, and contents that demonstrate the best impression of the applicant’s writing.
- The letter of professional intent should articulate and demonstrate your specific qualifications for the program of study. We are interested in an applicant's reasoning for their intended course of study. Therefore, each of the following points must be addressed.
- Why do you want to pursue this degree?
- What are your career goals once you complete the program?
- Describe an impactful situation or experience you have had working with children, youth, and/or families.
- Describe the most important characteristics and qualities needed by professionals in working with children, youth, and/or families and where you stand relative to developing them.
- The letter of professional intent should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be included with the graduate application.
- Three letters of reference from previous instructors, colleagues, or supervisors indicating the applicant’s ability to succeed in graduate classes.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,