Undergraduate Audition Information
Visit the WKU Music Department Audition Apply Now page to apply.
- Prospective undergraduate students must apply first for admission to Western Kentucky University. To apply for WKU, click here.
- Then, apply for admission to the WKU Music Program and sign up for an audition day/time. For more information about the WKU Music Program, click here.
Audition repertoire for all music undergraduate students should include the following:
- Major scales (up to 4 flats and 4 sharps)
- Two contrasting etudes from standard repertoire. Typically, your most recent all-state audition material is sufficient.
- A brief sight reading selection will be present as well.
Additionally, those applying as music performance majors should prepare a solo of your choice from the standard repertoire*. 3-5 minutes is sufficient. If you are playing a larger work (concerto, sonata, etc...), only one movement is required.
- *Please feel free to reach out to Mr. Humphreys with any questions regarding the repertoire you are considering for your audition. To contact, click here.
Big Red Marching Band, Non-Music Majors, and Music Minors:
- Please prepare 3-5 minutes of music that demonstrates your ability. Additional information on joining the Big Red Marching Band can be found here.