Graduate Audition Requirements
Visit the WKU Music Department Audition Apply Now page to apply.
- Prospective undergraduate students must apply first for admission to Western Kentucky University. To apply for WKU, click here.
- Then, apply for admission to the WKU Music Program and sign up for an audition day/time. For more information about the WKU Music Program, click here.
Audition Repertoire for graduate students should include the following:
- Two contrasting solo pieces or two contrasting movements of a larger work. Typically, this requirement includes a portion of your most recent undergraduate recital.
- Several common band and/or orchestral excerpts for the instrument.
- Please contact Mr. Humphreys with any questions regarding the repertoire you are considering for your audition. To contact Mr. Humphreys, click here.
To apply for a graduate assistantship, click here.