| WKU Benefit Eligible Employees and Covered Spouses/Partners
Phone coaching services is available through WKU’s wellness vendor-partner, HealthFitness. Whether you are looking to build healthier habits or manage a chronic condition, Health Coaching is convenient, easily accessible and tailored to fit your specific needs. Additional tools and resources are available on the portal. Participants must complete a minimum of five coaching sessions to satisfy the Tobacco Use Contribution requirements and earn 250 Top Life Employee Wellness Tier II reward points. Participants may enroll in Health Coaching through the Employee Wellness Portal (www.toplifewellness.com) or by calling 1-800-616-2136 (option #2), Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m.to 7:00 p.m. CT
Freedom From Smoking® Program
The American Lung Association’s Freedom From Smoking (FSS) program is ranked as one of the most effective programs in the country. The FFS program is delivered via small group clinics (minimum of 8 participants required), online or self-guided workbook. Contact the Employee Wellness & Benefits Team at 270-745-5360 or Benefits@WKU.com for more information. Participants must return an FFS certificate of completion or signed affidavit, as applicable, to Employee Wellness & Benefits to satisfy the Tobacco Use Contribution requirements and earn 250 Top Life Employee Wellness Tier II reward points.
Medical / Rx Benefits
For adults 18 and over, the following smoking cessation products are covered in full ($0 cost share to the member):
- Smoking cessation counseling
- Prescription medications: sustained release bupropion & varenicline; brand and generic
- Over-the-Counter Nicotine Replacement Therapies (NRT): gum, lozenge, patch, inhaler and nasal; brand and generic; prescription needed
- Top Life Wellness Portal – Go to toplifewellness.com to login. On the Home page, click on ‘Menu’ in the top menu bar and select ‘Health & Medical Guide’. Quitting Smoking resources are located under ‘Wellness and Prevention’ topics.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)– All employees and their household members have access to free, confidential counseling with a licensed mental health professional or work/life specialists for help with many personal and work-related issues. Services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Contact the EAP at 800-865-1044 or anthemEAP.com (enter WKU to log in).
- Phone Coaching via State Quit Line– All states have quitlines with counselors who are trained specifically to help smokers quit. Call 800-QUIT-NOW (800-784-8669).
- Tobacco Cessation Playbook (Anthem) – This roadmap provides advice, support and encouragement on the journey to quitting tobacco.