Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is The Learning Center located?
The Learning Center is located on the 2nd floor of the Downing Student Union (DSU) in room 2141.
- Is there a fee for tutoring?
No. All TLC services are free.
- What are the hours of The Learning Center?
Monday - Thursday
8:00 am - 7:00 pm
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- How do I schedule a tutoring appointment?
You can schedule a tutoring appointment by calling (270) 745-5065 or by logging into TutorTrac and following these instructions:
1. Log-in to TutorTrac with your NetID and NetID password
2. click on Search Availability
3. select Center (The Learning Center DSU 2141)
4. select the Section (Course) you need assistance in
5. click SEARCH
6. click on the day and time that work for your tutoring appointment
7. select the time you would like your tutoring appointment to start from the drop-box*
8.click Save Appointment
*Appointments shorter than 1 hour are not recommended. Appointments scheduled for longer than 1 hour are not allowed. The second hour of the appointment will be canceled.
Searching by subject ensures that the tutor you are seeing has had the course you have selected. If you do not search by subject your tutoring appointment will be canceled.
If you cannot find a tutor for a course listed in TutorTrac, change the date range - our tutors get booked early and may be unavailable during the date range you have selected.
If the course you are looking for is not listed in TutorTrac we do not currently have a tutor for that course. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request that course be added.
- How long will my tutoring appointment last?
Appointments are scheduled for a maximum of one hour. Students may take less time than this and are not required to stay the whole time if they do not feel it is necessary.
- What do I need to bring to my tutoring appointment?
- Please be prepared with the course book, assignment, paper, pencil/pen, and calculator if necessary.
- What can I expect from my tutoring appointment?
Students can expect the tutor to be prepared for your appointment and be knowledgeable in the subject area. Tutors are provided to help you learn the material and to prepare you to become independent. Students should not expect the tutor to do the work for them.
- Can I walk-in for a tutoring appointment?
Yes, however, to ensure there is a tutor available for the course you need you should make an appointment.
- How do I cancel a tutoring appointment?
You can cancel an appointment by calling (270) 745-5065.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,