Talley Family Counseling Center Skip to main content
Skip to main content

Talley Family Counseling Center

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can receive services?

Anyone interested in counseling may call and a graduate practicum or intern student will call and complete a telephone intake for screening purposes. The Talley Family Counseling Center (TFCC) Director and students will staff the case to determine whether the TFCC can meet the individual’s needs. Individual will be called and either scheduled for an appointment or provided referral sources.

Are there reasons an individual may not receive counseling at the TFCC?

At this time, the TFCC will not provide services with individuals who are court ordered, custody evaluations, or mediation. Additionally, crisis counseling, major depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and learning disabilities are not appropriate for the center. Referrals may be made, if necessary.

Where is the TFCC located?

First floor of Gary Ransdell Hall on WKU's campus Corner of Regents Ave. and Normal Dr. in Bowling Green, KY. View the Directions webpage for more details.

How do I schedule an appointment?

Please call (270) 745-4204

How are sessions conducted?

Sessions may be individual, couple, family or group, depending on client needs. Sessions will be supervised by licensed counseling professional; additionally, all session will be recorded for training and supervision purposes.

Will the TFCC provide childcare while I am in counseling?

The TFCC does NOT provide childcare. Please make arrangements for childcare during your session.

How much do the sessions cost?

Services at the TFCC are currently at no cost to the client.

Who performs the counseling?

The TFCC is a training environment for masters' level students from the Department of Counseling and Student Affairs. Counseling interns within the TFCC provide individual, couples, family, and group counseling services under the supervision of qualified, licensed clinicians.

Who supervises the student counselors?

Student counselors within the TFCC provide individual, couples, family and group counseling services under the supervision of qualified, licensed clinicians.

What can I do if I am in crisis and the TFCC is not open?

Please call 911 or visit our Resources page to find a list of several 24-hour crisis hotlines and services available.

What if I need assistance with domestic violence, child abuse, or sexual Abuse?

Please call the 24-hour National Domestic Violence Hotline at 800-779-SAFE (7233) or 800-787-3224 TDD / 800-942-6908 Spanish Speaking or visit their website at http://www.thehotline.org. You may also discuss your concerns with your TFCC counseling intern; they have a Kentucky mandatory requirement to report cases of abuse with minors under 18 years and vulnerable adults (spouse, disabled, elderly).

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
download excel.

Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
download word.

Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
download powerpoint.

Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,
download quicktime.

 Last Modified 10/19/17