Field Instructor's Toolbox
Becoming a Field Instructor
- Field Instructor Agency Flyer
- Duties of A Field Instructor
- Field Instructor Application
- Agency Affiliation Agreement
- Worksite Placement Policy
- BSW Worksite Request and Evaluation
- MSW Worksite Request and Evaluation - Generalist Year
- MSW Worksite Request and Evaluation - Specialized Year
- Initial Field Information Form
- Learning Plans/Evaluation Documents (may need to save the below forms to your computer
before it becomes fillable)
- NASW Code of Ethics
- NASW Standards and Indicators for Cultural Competence in Social Work Practice (2015)
- Council on Social Work Education - Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards
- Sample Tasks for Learning Plans
- Student Activities for First Two Weeks of Field Placement
- Social Work Knowledge, Skills, and Values
- NASW, ASWB, CSWE, CSWA Standards for Technology in Social Work Practice
Below are two online trainings available for field instructors. Field instructors may receive one free CEU for watching the training entitled Field Instructor Orientation and following the steps below for CEU credit. The second training is a short video (less than 15 minutes) on completing the evaluation form and is not available for CEU credit, but does provide useful information to assist field instructors. We are currently developing additional training videos to post here for field instructors. Feel free to contact Kellye McIntyre, Field Director, at email@example.com if you have ideas/suggestions that would be helpful for field students.
#1 Field Instructor Orientation - This is a one hour training broken down into 3 modules and 2 articles. The information in each module are the “nuts and bolts” or the basics of serving as a field instructor. This training is designed for new field instructors or as a refresher for experienced field instructors. You have the opportunity to receive 1 CEU hour for this training.
For CEU Credit, email - firstname.lastname@example.org with your:
- Email address
- Social work license number
Janie will send you an evaluation form to complete and return for CEU credit. Please contact Kellye McIntyre, Field Director, at email@example.com if you have any questions about this online orientation.
#2 Completing the Evaluation Form - A Tutorial for Field Instructors -This short video (less than 15 minutes) provides an overview of the WKU Department of Social Work Field Evaluation form. The video discusses the evaluation rating system and tips for field instructors. It is a useful tool for field instructors and provides a refresher for experienced field instructors. There are no CEU's for completing this tutorial.
Watch the Video here
For Questions Contact
- Your Student's field liaison
- Kellye McIntyre, Director of Field Instruction - firstname.lastname@example.org 270-745-5049