Psychological Sciences Faculty and Staff
Dr. Lance Hahn
- Associate Professor
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: KTH 1042
- Website: http://www.wku.edu/psychological-sciences/labs/semantics/index.php
I am interested in the semantic relationships underlying word recognition and word usage. I use a very multidisciplinary approach that includes behavioral measures, computational models, and constraints suggested from the neuroscience literature. One goal of my research is to improve our understanding of how word recognition is influenced by the semantic relationships between words.
My long-term objectives include the empirical study and computational modeling of group and individual differences in word recognition. I use computational approaches to characterize typical language use in large natural language datasets. I use behavioral and empircal approaches to characterize individual and group differences in word recognition and usage.
While my primary interest is a computational representation of language usage, I have a general interest in how we derive information from large datasets.
- PSYS 100 - Introduction to Psychology
- PSYS 482 - Psychology of Sexuality
- PSYS 360 - Behavioral Neuroscience
- PSYS 362 - Behavioral Neuroscience with a Lab
- PSYS 490 - Independent Study in Psychology
- PSYS 567(G) - Advanced Physiological Psychology