Department of Psychological Sciences Graduate Programs
M.S. in Psychology
The Department of Psychological Sciences offers a Master of Science in Psychology. This graduate program prepares graduate students to pursue careers in business, research, or government settings, and/or to enter a doctoral program in psychology or a related field.
Within the MS in psychology, two concentrations are offered:
- Industrial/Organizational (I/O) Psychology concentration
- Psychological Science concentration
- Biobehavioral Psychology
- Clinical Science
- Cognitive Psychology
- Developmental Science
Applicants to the Master of Science in Psychology program should meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have taken a statistics and research methodology course
- Have a background in psychology
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.75 with a 3.0 in psychology courses
Beyond these minimum requirements, selection is competitive.
How Do I Apply?
Applicants to the Master of Science in Psychology program should submit the following materials:
- Psychological Sciences Department Application Form
- Graduate School Application Form
- 3 letters of recommendation
- 500-word personal statement describing professional interests and career goals (Note: Applicants to the Psychological Science concentration must identify one or more research mentors with whom they wish to work.)
- College transcripts
- GRE scores- WAIVED FOR FALL 2021. Although there is no formal minimum GRE score requirement, admission is competitive. The average GRE scores of recently admitted students are approximately 153 (V) and 148 (Q).
Applications should be received by March 1st for priority consideration for Fall admission.
An interview may be requested for qualified applicants.
All application materials should be sent to the Graduate School:
Western Kentucky University
The Graduate School
1906 College Heights Blvd., #11010
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1010
- Courses and Schedule
- Financial Support
- Internship Information
- Concentration Faculty
- Links of Interest