WKU Forensics Team wins debate tournament
- Author: WKU Forensics
- Author: Monday, March 5th, 2018
The WKU Forensics Team’s debate squad of eight won the sweepstakes championship at Sacramento State the weekend of March 3-4. The team also swept the top four debate speaker placings.
The team will rest next weekend before traveling during spring break to the first of three national tournaments -- the Pi Kappa Delta National Tournament in Nashville.
Results from the Sacramento State University Hornet Cup Tournament are as follows:
- Alex Rivera, a sophomore from Newton, Kansas, top debate speaker and second in Lincoln-Douglas debate.
- Brian Anderson, a junior from Hodgenville, semifinalist in Lincoln-Douglas debate and third debate speaker.
- Kelly Stone, a junior from Louisburg, Kansas, second debate speaker and quarterfinalist in Lincoln-Douglas debate.
- Anthony Survance, a sophomore from Louisville, fourth debate speaker and quarterfinalist in Lincoln-Douglas debate.
- Ashlyn Jones, a freshman from Lafayette, Louisiana, octofinalist in Lincoln-Douglas debate.
More: Check out the WKU Forensics Facebook page or follow @wkuforensics on Twitter.
Contact: Ganer Newman, (270) 745-6340
Back to News
Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.
Download Acrobat Reader