Nine new members elected to WKU Young Alumni Council
|Author: WKU Alumni Association|
Date: Monday, August 14th, 2017
The WKU Young Alumni Council (YAC) recently added nine new members to serve for three years in collaboration with the WKU Alumni Association.
Composed of alumni who have graduated within the last 10 years, YAC members maintain ties with their alma mater, provide important feedback to the WKU Alumni Association for programming, and advance and support the general welfare of WKU through programs and scholarships.
“It’s a way for young alumni to see that WKU is here for them and that we want to see them to succeed two, five, 10 and 20 years after they’ve left the Hill,” said Allie Sharp, WKU Alumni Association Coordinator of Student and Young Alumni Engagement. “The Young Alumni Council’s engagement is necessary because they are the ones we look to for new ideas and for how we can continue to improve and connect to our younger constituents.”
The following new members will serve for three-year terms:
Josclynn Brandon of Bowling Green, a 2011 alumna and Annual Member of the WKU Alumni Association, serves as a Coordinator in WKU Student Activities.
Tyler Clark of Bowling Green, a 2010 (B.A.) and 2012 (M.S.) alumnus and Lifetime Member of the WKU Alumni Association, is Executive Administrator for the World Council for Gifted and Talented Children at WKU. He is a 2008 graduate of WKU’s Gatton Academy.
Rachel Daugherty of Bowling Green, a 2016 alumna and Annual Member of the WKU Alumni Association, serves as an Academic Outreach Specialist at WKU.
Chris Hancock of Auburn, Alabama, a 2014 alumnus and Annual Member of the WKU Alumni Association, is the Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator at Snyder’s-Lance, Inc.
Katie Hinton of Thompson’s Station, Tennessee, a 2015 alumna and Annual Member of the WKU Alumni Association, serves as a Clinical Dietitian at Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital.
Mitchell Jackson of Louisville, a 2011 alumnus, is an Attorney at Law at Pitt and Frank, LLC.
Rahwa Mehari of Nashville, Tennessee, a 2010 alumna and Lifetime Member of the WKU Alumni Association, serves as the Alumni Affairs Assistant Director at Meharry Medical College.
Megan Skaggs of Brownsville, a 2016 alumna and Annual Member of the WKU Alumni Association, is a Fulbright English Teaching fellow at the Institute of International Education in Guatemala.
Scott Vennell of Nashville, Tennessee, a 2014 alumnus and Annual Member of the WKU Alumni Association, serves as a freelance camera operator.
“We are delighted to welcome these outstanding Hilltoppers to our Young Alumni Council,” said Dr. Anthony McAdoo, Executive Director of the WKU Alumni Association. “They will work alongside our National Board of Directors to help us shape the alumni experience for our recent graduates. Additionally, they will build upon the Young Alumni Council’s tradition of generating membership and charitable support for their endowed scholarship for upper-class students at WKU.”
Contact: Allie Sharp, (270) 745-2688
- All Categories
- March 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- April 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- JUNE 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2015 E-Newsletter
- December 2015 ICYMI
- January 2016 ICYMI
- MAY 2016 ICYMI
- February 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS July 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Online Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Innovative Teaching & Learning
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Training Resources & Event Planning Services
History will be made on Nov. 29 when WKU will get its first chapter of SALUTE, a national honor society for student veterans. Seven charter members will be inducted into SALUTE at 5 p.m. in the Veterans Resource Center, 410 Tate Page Hall.
Three alumni from WKU’s Department of Geography and Geology who work for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) have been assigned to Puerto Rico to assist in post-hurricane recovery efforts.
The Department of Student Financial Assistance will be closed from Wednesday, Nov. 22nd through Friday, Nov. 25th. The office will reopen on Monday, Nov. 27th.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,