WKU LISTED AMONG BEST FOR VETS FOR 7TH STRAIGHT YEAR
|Author: WKU News|
Date: Tuesday, November 1st, 2016
For the seventh straight year, WKU has earned national recognition in Military Times’ Best for Vets rankings.
WKU is ranked No. 14 among 130 four-year schools on The Best for Vets: Colleges 2017 list announced Tuesday morning (Nov. 1). The eighth annual rankings factor in the results of Military Times’ comprehensive school-by-school survey of veteran and military student offerings and rates of academic achievement.
In the fall 2016 semester, WKU is serving 2,539 military veterans, active duty, reservists, National Guard and military family members, according to Tonya Archey, director of Military Student Services.
WKU Military Student Services began in 2011 with the mission to provide personalized support for all military, veterans and dependents.
“The Textbooks For Troops program has assisted more than 200 students this semester and more than 1,600 since the program started,” Archey said. “Our Student Veterans Alliance is gearing up for another great semester of activities. I’d like to see enrollments increase in the Student Veterans Alliance and our two ROTC programs, the Air Force ROTC and the Hilltopper Battalion of the Army ROTC. These programs provide a great path to a commission in the Air Force or Army. Interested students should stop by Tate Page Hall 408 for more information about Air Force opportunities, and Diddle Arena 1512 for information about the Army ROTC program.”
In addition to the Best for Vets rankings, WKU’s programs have been recognized by several publications including the following:
- WKU has been designated as a “Military Friendly School” every year since 2009 by Victory Media and was named a “Top 100 Military Friendly School” for 2016 by Victory Media. The latest rankings will be released this week.
- WKU was ranked as the nation’s No. 7 “Best Online College for Veterans” and No. 10 “Best College for Veterans” for 2016 by BestColleges.com.
- WKU has been named one of the “Best Colleges for Veterans of Regional Universities in the South” by U.S. News and World Report and one of the “25 Great Colleges for Veterans” by MONEY.
Read more about WKU’s service to veterans, the military and their families at https://wkunews.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/military-services-2016/
For the full Best for Vets: Colleges 2017 rankings and survey methodology, visit http://www.militarytimes.com/bestforvets-colleges2017
Contact: Tonya Archey, (270) 745-5837
- All Categories
- March 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- April 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- JUNE 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2015 E-Newsletter
- December 2015 ICYMI
- January 2016 ICYMI
- MAY 2016 ICYMI
- February 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS July 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Online Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Innovative Teaching & Learning
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Training Resources & Event Planning Services
Western Kentucky University’s College of Health and Human Services (CHHS) will honor the opening of their first student-applied research center, the WKU Center for Environmental and Workplace Health (CEWH).
Loup Langton receives the honor of serving as Turner Professor in Journalism at WKU.
Over the past two years, faculty in the WKU English Department have been creatively rethinking the English curricula to ensure that our programs serve 21st-century English majors well.
WKU’s Forensics Team divided into three groups and traveled to Lebanon, Illinois; Normal, Illinois; and Jefferson City, Tennessee, to compete in six tournaments Nov. 11-12.
Students, faculty, and staff from the Center for Human GeoEnvironmental Studies (CHNGES) and Department of Geography & Geology recently attended national conferences in Arkansas and Washington state.
A bronze statue of longtime WKU supporter and Kentucky State Rep. Jody Richards of Bowling Green was unveiled on WKU’s main campus Monday (Nov. 6) in Jody Richards Hall.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,