Small Business Accelerator client releases world’s first mobile terminology app
|Date: Thursday, May 19th, 2016||Return|
The app is a tool for professional interpreters and translators. This sophisticated tool (not for amateur language learners) is designed to help reduce time researching terminology. INTRAKIT ™ is complete with more than 20,000 terms compiled into categories and curated glossaries. The app provides relevant terminology from a variety of fields such as legal, medical, business and finance.
“This is not an app for everyone,” said Melannie López, CEO of Code Switch Media. “It is a sophisticated tool designed to improve individual performance, and reduce research time, thereby increasing revenues for a very specific audience of professional interpreters and translators. They know who they are and they know what this app is worth.”
Co-founded by Lopez and Alex Cruz, CTO, in April 2015, Code Switch Media creates innovative digital products and content for professional interpreters and translators.
As the voice of the world, interpreters and translators face rising complexities around the need for meaningful communication in an ever globalized society. Code Switch Media provides modern tools to enhance their performance and effectiveness, thereby improving people’s lives around the globe.
INTRAKIT™ offers its users the ability to easily create their own terminology library and to share that collection with other users. The app combines industry knowledge with innovative technology while increasing individual performance and the ability to archive terminology.
The app demonstrates Code Switch Media’s commitment to develop customizable products that allow users to meet their exact needs with an emphasis on strengthening their customer’s brands and growing their businesses.
Developed by an experienced professional interpreter, INTRAKIT ™ combines industry knowledge with cutting edge technology designed to help users harness the power of mobile. Regular updates address the challenge of ever changing language requirements.
INTRAKIT™ provides access to its database on any Android or iOS device, as well as on any desktop through the web app.
The app is currently available in English-to-Spanish, with additional languages in the works. A language neutral version will also be released to accommodate users who may work in exotic language pairs, or several different languages.
The power of the platform is the user’s ability to contribute content to the database, a feature planned for release in fall of 2016. Any user may contribute content, and if the content is selected to be added into the INTRAKIT™ database, the user will be paid for their contributions.
“We want to build this tool with the help of all of the brilliant language professionals around the world,” said Lopez. “We want them to feel invested in this product, to know that it also contains a part of their knowledge and experience.”
The app is available for a free seven-day trial exclusively through the App Store or Google Play Store in the reference category. Requires iOS 6.0 or later to download.
Contact: Melannie Lopez 270-392-1531 or email@example.com
- All Categories
- March 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- April 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- JUNE 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2015 E-Newsletter
- December 2015 ICYMI
- January 2016 ICYMI
- MAY 2016 ICYMI
- February 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS July 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Online Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Innovative Teaching & Learning
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Training Resources & Event Planning Services
History will be made on Nov. 29 when WKU will get its first chapter of SALUTE, a national honor society for student veterans. Seven charter members will be inducted into SALUTE at 5 p.m. in the Veterans Resource Center, 410 Tate Page Hall.
Three alumni from WKU’s Department of Geography and Geology who work for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) have been assigned to Puerto Rico to assist in post-hurricane recovery efforts.
The Department of Student Financial Assistance will be closed from Wednesday, Nov. 22nd through Friday, Nov. 25th. The office will reopen on Monday, Nov. 27th.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,