Enactus Team Earns Regional Championship
|Date: Saturday, April 6th, 2013||Return|
The Western Kentucky University Enactus became a Regional Champion at the Atlanta Regional Competition on April 1, 2013. The team will now present its projects at the Enactus National Finals in Kansas City, Mo., May 14-16.
WKU’s Enactus team (formerly Students In Free Enterprise (SIFE)) organized five major local and international projects. These projects empower Burmese refugees to sell hand woven products and learn transactional English; market and sell baskets for the Womans Weavers Cooperatives of Kasagau, Kenya; and develop and build an aquaponics system to grow fish and vegetables with the goal to start a system in Dangriga, Belize.
Additionally, the team was honored as an Enactus 4.0 Club Member in recognition of continuing success in meeting Enactus goals through its local, regional, and world-wide projects.
The Enactus Team Index measures team viability on broad program metrics: Quality Faculty Advisor, Quality Administrative Support, Student Leaders’ Success, Program Success, Financial Stability, Community Engagement, Participating in Enactus Events and Competitive Initiatives, and Competition Results. Each year Enactus recognizes the teams who earn a 4.0 or higher out of a 5.0 scale.
“This year’s team has committed countless hours on its projects to improve the lives of the citizens of Bowling Green and Kasagau, Kenya,” said Sandy Patterson, Sam Walton Fellow and co-advisor to the WKU Enactus Team. “Our 4.0 Award is really a measure of the great support the Team has received from the University, its partners, and the Gordon Ford College of Business, and we are very proud to represent everyone’s contribution.”
The following members traveled to Atlanta: Zach Mattingly, Nicole Johansen, Denise Range, Kelsey Sullivan, Ka Wang Li, D'Andree Logan, Wheeler Painter, Kyle O'Donnell, Kathy Nguyen, Mason Pritchard, Tracie Fathergill, Michael Dile, Will Kotheimer, Brittany Burch, Hillary Clark, Melissa Ackerman, Jeff Thomson, Allan Moreno, Travis Edington, Erin Asher, Victoria Thompson, Jacob Earnhart, Daniel Shaw, and Brendon Dodge. Accompanying the Team were Patterson, J. Krist Schell, Sam Walton Fellow and co-Advisor, and presentation team coach Dalla Emerson of Aramark Corporation.
During the Enactus-sponsored career fair, held during the competition, WKU Enactus team members received four full-time employment and internship offers and multiple interviews with Fortune 1000 firms.
Enactus is a worldwide community of over 60,000 students, academic, and business leaders in 38 countries. Enactus programs on college campuses across the nation apply the positive power of business to develop community outreach projects, transform lives and shape a better, more sustainable world.
For more information about the WKU Enactus team and their projects, visit www.wkusife.org.
- All Categories
- March 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- April 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- JUNE 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2015 E-Newsletter
- December 2015 ICYMI
- January 2016 ICYMI
- MAY 2016 ICYMI
- February 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS July 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Online Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Innovative Teaching & Learning
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Training Resources & Event Planning Services
The Western Kentucky University Alumni Association recently thanked nine volunteers who are retiring from the WKU Alumni Association National Board of Directors after their term of office.
Wednesday, July 26th
Veterans Upward Bound at Western Kentucky University is currently accepting new students.
Get ready for the end of summer WKU PBS Pool Party being held at the Russell Sims Aquatic Park on Sunday, Aug. 6, from noon to 5 p.m.
The WKU Alumni Association recently elected 11 new board members for 2017-2018.
WKU alumni and friends will celebrate "There’s No Place Like Home" for Homecoming 2017.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,