Social Work Student Receives National Nonprofit Internship Award
|Date: Monday, October 1st, 2012||Return|
* Original story from http://wkunews.wordpress.com/
WKU student receives national nonprofit internship award
JaNeé Lamb, a Social Work major in the WKU Nonprofit Administration minor, was recently selected to receive a $4,500 award from the Next Generation Nonprofit Leaders Program (NextGen), an initiative funded by a generous grant from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation.
A panel of national nonprofit leaders selected Lamb from among students at Nonprofit Leadership Alliance affiliated colleges and universities nationwide.
Lamb, a senior from Elizabethtown, will complete her internship this semester with the Bellewood Home for Children, a nonprofit agency caring for abused and homeless youth and families in Kentucky.
“We are excited for JaNeé and what this national honor means to her, her internship and WKU,” said Dr. Raymond Poff, campus director of the WKU Nonprofit Administration program. “She is the 12th WKU student to receive this national award since 2007. I believe this accomplishment reflects the talent and dedication of our WKU students.”
Previous WKU NextGen award recipients include: Morgan Eklund (2011); Jana Graham (2010); Megan Hensley (2009); Charlie Harris (2008); Dana Adams (2008); Jessica Tinnell (2008); Sara Smith (2008); Evelyn Oregon (2007); Sara Miller (2007); Annie Farris (2007); and Jenna Doughman (2007).
About the WKU Nonprofit Administration Program: WKU Nonprofit Administration offers innovative programs designed to better prepare students for careers in, and service to, the nonprofit sector. The programs are housed in the Department of Kinesiology, Recreation and Sport within the College of Health and Human Services. Find out more on Facebook or Twitter.
About the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance: The mission of the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance is to strengthen the social sector with a talented, prepared workforce. Through campus-based academic programs, the Alliance offers the National Certification in Nonprofit Management and Leadership and the corresponding Certified Nonprofit Professional (CNP) credential. The Nonprofit Leadership Alliance partners with some of the nation’s largest and best-known national nonprofit organizations including: Boy Scouts of America, Camp Fire, 4-H, Feeding America, Girl Scouts of the USA, Girls Inc., GuideStar, March of Dimes, National Human Services Assembly, National Urban League, Volunteers of America, Voices for America’s Children, and the Y.
Contact: Raymond Poff, (270) 745-2498.
- All Categories
- March 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- April 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- JUNE 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2015 E-Newsletter
- December 2015 ICYMI
- January 2016 ICYMI
- MAY 2016 ICYMI
- February 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS July 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Distance Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Faculty Development
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Event & Training Services
The Kentucky Folklife Program, housed in WKU’s Department of Folk Studies & Anthropology in Bowling Green, is serving as a regional host partner for the 2017 Rural-Urban Exchange Community Intensive.
WKU Top Life welcomes our newest employees, hired in May 2017.
Two Gatton Academy of Mathematics and Science in Kentucky students are spending their summer completing research internships in South Korea. The 10-week internships are in the Chemistry Department of Changwon National University.
This year for Dr. Josh Durkee’s annual Field Methods in Weather Analysis and Forecasting class, the students had some extra support in the form of WKU’s new crowdsource funding project, Spirit Funder.
The WKU Board of Regents will hold a special budget approval meeting and committee meetings on June 23 in the Martin Regents Room, Jody Richards Hall.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,