Tweets by @WKU_KRS
Office: Smith Stadium East 1001
- RSA 517 – Legal Issues in Recreation and Sport
- SPM 200 – Introduction to Sport Management
- SPM 450 – Sport Law
- SPM 452 – Sport Leadership and Management
Social Media Privacy, Gender Equity, and Risk Management in Recreation and Sport
McCoy, L. (2014). You Have the Right to Tweet, But It Will Be Used Against You: Balancing Monitoring and Privacy for Student-Athletes. The Journal of SPORT.
McCoy, L. (2010). 140 Characters or Less: Maintaining Privacy and Publicity in the Age of Social Networking. Marquette Sports Law Review.
Jett, K. & McCoy, L. (2009). Going the Distance: A Playbook for the Athlete Who Wants to Start a Nonprofit Organization. American Bar Association Entertainment and Sports Lawyer
McCoy, L. (2015). It’s All Fun and Games Until Someone Gets Hurt. Kentucky Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance Convention, Lexington, KY.
McCoy, L. (2014). Preference or Discrimination: Where Are the Female Coaches in College Sport? Sport and Society in America Conference, Green Bay, WI.
McCoy, L. (2013). Policing Twitter: Analyzing Social Media Policies and Privacy Law at the Collegiate Level. North American Society of Sport Management Annual Conference, Austin, TX.
McCoy, L. (2012). The Effect of Social Networking on NCAA Compliance. Current Issues in Sports Law Conference, Milwaukee, WI.
- J.D. Marquette University
- B.A. Stanford University
- Certificate in Sport Law, National Sports Law Institute
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Assistant Professor, University of Wisconsin-Parkside: 2010 – 2014
- Previously assisted the Texas Rangers Baseball Club, Dallas Stars Hockey Club, and the Milwaukee Bucks as a legal intern
- Drafted sponsorship contracts, sweepstakes rules, use agreements and other commercial documents
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,