This list is not exhaustive, but it is a good place to start. Many of the sites below offer 3 and 6 credit hours that are transferable to WKU's GEOG 452 course. In order to get credit for a field course from another institution, you would need to transfer your academic transcripts to WKU. If you have any questions about the field course, please contact the field course professor/director directly.
Not all field experiences are acceptable. Double check with your advisor to verify that a particular field course will be transferable to WKU.
For your major at WKU, you will need to select a single 6 hour field experience, or a take GEOL 380 plus a 3 credit hour field experience.
Outside Field Courses
Due dates are early, usually first come - first serve.
- Geology.com - has a huge list of possible field camps. Check out the locations and prices.
- Illinois State University - north, northwest USA
- Black Hills Field Camps 2015 - looking for a diverse geology experience? 3 and 6 hour options
- Andes Field Work - Run through Cornell University
- Ireland Field Camp - petroleum geology, hydrology, glacial geology, structure/sed/strat/petro
- University of Arizona - 6 credit hours in the southwest