Counseling and Student Affairs
Planned Program - Marriage, Couple, and Family Counseling
As a result of the new 2016 CACREP Standards implementation, the planned programs have been revised to reflect the new course sequence. To ensure you are on track to complete your degree program, please select the appropriate planned program below based on the cohort with whom you entered the program:
- 2019 or later MCFC Planned Program (Fall cohort)
- 2019 or later MCFC Planned Program (Spring cohort)
- 2017-2018 MCFC Planned Program (Fall cohort)
- 2017-2018 MCFC Planned Program (Spring cohort)
- 2016 or before MCFC Planned Program (Fall cohort)
*Courses offered the semesters indicated are dependent on demand and instructor availability. Please consult TopNet for course offerings or contact your advisor regarding offerings for a particular semester.
In addition to the core MCFC program courses, one elective course may be taken to allow you to explore another area of interest. You are encouraged to discuss the options with your advisor but the following courses may appeal to you and enhance your work with populations/issues of interest.
Prepares students to provide counseling, education services, and/or support services to individuals experiencing addiction issues.
- CNS 647 Addictions: Assessment, Diagnosis, & Treatment Planning
- CNS 667 Counseling Substance Abusers & Their Families
Prepares students to interact and intervene with P-12 students and develop professional relationships with school-related stakeholders in support of college and career readiness.
- CNS 500 College and Career Readiness Foundations
- CNS 501 College and Career Consultation & Collaboration
- CNS 502 College and Career Program Development & Evaluation
Prepares students to interact within a school environment; a proposal has been submitted (but not yet approved) to allow those who complete the following courses as part of the CMHC program to be eligible for school counseling certification in the state of Kentucky.
- CNS 548 Principles and Practices of School Counseling
- CNS 549 School Counseling and Consultation
- CNS 568 Counseling Children and Adolescents
- CNS 569 Play Therapy