Michael Galloway, PhD
Assistant Professor, Computer Science
- Ph.D. Computer Science, The University of Alabama, 2013.
- M.S. Computer Science, The University of Alabama, 2008.
- B.W.E Wireless Engineering, Auburn University, 2005.
My research focus is distributed computing, specifically cloud computing. I’m focused on deploying private cloud
architectures in small to medium sized organizations. The three main areas of my research are developing a power
aware load consolidation algorithm for compute nodes, power aware persistent cloud storage, and deployment
of cloud resources in a limited networking environment. Other research focuses include wireless communication
protocols, computer networking, distributed resource provisioning, autonomous robotics, smart things/automation,
and computer science education.
- Western Kentucky University, Assistant Professor 2017 – Present
- Western Kentucky University, Instructor 2013 – 2017
- The University of Alabama, Graduate Teaching Assistant 2011 – 2013
- Shelton State Community College, Adjunct Instructor 2010 – 2013
- Southern Union State Community College, Adjunct Instructor 2009 – 2010
- Faulkner University, Adjunct Instructor 2008 – 2010
- The University of Alabama, Graduate Assistant 2006 – 2008
Professional Membership & Professional Credentials
- Association for Computing Machinery
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,