Graduate Assistant Opportunities
Each year, the LifeSkills Center for Child Welfare Education and Research recruits Graduate Research Assistants to assist in the facilitation of our mission. This is an important position that is critical to our productivity and an excellent opportunity to engage in applied research with our faculty. Our GRAs are expected to work 20 hours a week for 14 weeks each semester (fall and spring). They will receive a monthly stipend and partial tuition remission (amount to be determined).
1. Assist in relevant aspects associated with the systematic development of the LCCWEAR.
2. Assist in relevant ongoing research projects.
3. Assist in relevant grant preparation activities and the facilitation of ongoing grant projects.
4. Assist in the preparation and dissemination of knowledge related to ongoing projects, activities, and scholarship.
5. Assist in management of relevant community outreach efforts and public involvement campaigns as applicable.
6. Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Significant experience with a broad range of electronic information technologies and computer applications
- Ability to learn quickly and to organize personal time, manage projects
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative.
- Additional strengths for this Graduate Research Assistant position includes:
- Having strong writing skills, collaborative working style, openness to diverse perspectives, flexibility, creativity, and dependability.
Find us on Social Media | @WKUChildWelfare
How to Apply?
- Make sure you meet all qualifications
- Provide your resume
- Provide a written statement including:
- Why you would like to be a Graduate Research Assistant at the WKU LifeSkills Center for Child Welfare Education and Research (LCCWEAR)
- Identify and describe any specific skills that you have, and how they will assist in the support of the LCCWEAR
- Discuss your availability for possible work hours M-F
- Complete the GRA application
- Submit the application and above listed items to firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline (April 1, 2023) or until position is filled.