The Center for Environmental Education and Sustainability has been supported by grants over the years. With some of these grants, the Center has been able to help support area schools with implementing projects and field experiences. Our current grant, KUPEE Energy Initiative, supports national and community service learning which is implemented through the ENVE 560 class. Listed below are examples of school projects and environmental education classes. For more information contact us.
KUPEE Energy Initiative
- ENVE 560 class - Rain Barrel, Rain Barrel Handbook; Handbook 1 of 3, Handbook 2 of 3, Handbook 3 of 3
- ENVE 560 class - A Hole in the Ground
- ENVE 560 class - Garbology
General Motors-Earth Force
- Civil engagement-stream investigation - Students completed on-site field experience conducting water quality of Trammel Creek in Warren County, September 25, 2010. They tested the ph level, dissolved oxygen, the turbidity, velocity and used macroinvertabraes for water indicators.
- Click here for a trip to Trammel Creek with Warren East Middle School.
General Motors graciously contributes money to the Center so the Center can distribute money to local schools for field trips to a local stream for water quality testing. The money usually covers transportation, a substitute teacher, and water testing supplies. GM is an advocate for Earth Force and GM sends employees to the streams to assist with the students research.
Kentucky Environmental Education Council-Education for Sustainability
- Parker Bennet-Curry Elementary School Outdoor classroom/Wildlife Habitat
Click here for a summary of the project. Click here for a powerpoint of the project.
Kentucky Environmental Education-Engaging Students for Environmental Change
Earth Force Projects, click here for summary of projects
- Hopkinsville Middle School - How water is Affected by a Sinkhole
- Warren East Middle School - New Beginnings - Outdoor classroom
- North Muhlenberg High School - Wood Duck boxes for Habitat
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,