School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
What is Architectural Science (AS)?
Architectural Science is a bridge between design theory and construction practice. Architectural Technologists and Designers perform a variety of important functions in many areas of the architectural, engineering, and building construction (AEC) fields and are widely recognized by professions in the AEC industry.
Why AS at WKU?
WKU's AS program is special for its small class sizes and emphasis on applied research opportunities. Our project based curriculum will allow students to work on real problems while gaining practical skills that will be applicable to their workplace upon graduation.
WKU Architectural Science is an ATMAE accredited program
Architectural Science - Program Coordinator
- EST 223
- Ph.D., Engineering Science, Concentration: Construction Management, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, May 2015, Dissertation Title: Risk-Based Wind Loss and Mitigation for Residential Wood Framed Construction
- M.S., Construction Management, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, May 2014
- M.Arch., Architecture, University of Tehran, Aug 2009
- Median BS Architectural Science Starting Salary: $49,770
- Some local companies that hire AS: Kirby Building Systems, Modernwash Designs, Williams
Associates Architects, Graf studio.
- Architects develop final construction plans after discussing and agreeing on the initial proposal with clients. The architects' plans show the building's appearance and details of its construction. These plans include drawings of the structural system; air-conditioning, heating, and ventilating systems; electrical systems; communications systems; and plumbing.
- Meet with clients to determine objectives and requirements for structures
- Prepare structure specifications
- Direct workers who prepare drawings and documents
- Prepare scaled drawings, either with computer software or by hand
- Prepare contract documents for building contractors
- Manage construction contracts
- Visit worksites to ensure that construction adheres to architectural plans
- Seek new work by marketing and giving presentations
Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.