Applied Physics Institute Mission
Our mission is to conduct advanced research to solve real world problems, provide educational experiences to students, and advance the high tech development of the region. In close collaboration with companies and talented inventors, we bring innovations and novel technologies to market. We respond to the needs of the engineering and manufacturing community specializing in design and prototyping, commercializing innovation, and manufacturing technology. The mission of the API is to synchronize WKU applied research, engineering and manufacturing resources with industry needs.
Materials Science and Advanced Manufacturing, Renewable Energy Sources, Nanotechnology, Microfabrication and Microelectronics, Artificial Intelligence, Wireless Communication and Information Systems, Security and Defense, Novel Methods of Medical Diagnostics, Nuclear Physics and Engineering, Control Systems, Prototype Development, Smart Device Application Programming.
- To become the leading Small Business Accelerator in Kentucky.
- To provide all the resources necessary for development and commercialization of novel products to companies, scholars and inventors.
- To become a center for professional preparation and training of a new class of scientist and engineers, capable of working at the industrial facilities of a new generation.
- To build an academy/industry pipeline, providing employment to WKU graduates.
- To contribute to the research and economic development of the state of Kentucky.
Prototyping, transition from a concept to product
Design and fabrication of analytical instruments