Mr. Roger Dennis, M.A.E., AIFD, CFD, AAF, PFCI, KMF
Clinical Assistant Professor "Horticulture" and Director, Floral Design and Training Center
- HORT 209: Introduction to Floral Design
- HORT 309: Advanced Floral Design
- HORT 312: Introduction to Horticulture
- HORT 316: Greenhouse Maintenance and Operation
- HORT 317: Greenhouse Maintenance and Operation Labs
- HORT 330: Wedding Floral Design
- HORT 340: Commercial Floriculture Production
- HORT 419: Vegetable Production
- HORT 420: Floral Shop Management
Advisor for the Minor in Floristry
Roger received his Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture with a concentration in Horticulture and a Master of Arts in Education with a concentration in Agriculture from WKU. He was a high school Agriculture teacher for 5 years before he began his career in the Floral Industry when he purchased a retail floral business in Upton, KY 22 years ago. Roger began a new career in 1998 as a Horticulture Instructor at WKU. In 2011 he became the Director of the Floral Design Training Center and Floral Shop.
Roger is a Floral designer and an accredited member of the prestigious American Institute of Floral Designers (AIFD) since 2003, he has achieved accredidations and memberships to American Academy of Floristry (AAF), Professional Floral Commentators International (PFCI), and is a KY Master Florist (KMF).
Roger has had the honor of designing for the second Bush-Cheney Inauguration and has designed multiple years at the Oscars, and the Tournament of Roses parade where he has taken students for class credit to work on Parade floats and tour gardens and cut Flower Farms in California. He has taken students on study abroad trips to various countries in Europe and Great Britain.