Department of Psychology - Faculty
Dr. Steven Wininger
- Co-Department Head and Professor
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: GRH 3016
- Phone Number: 270-745-4421
- Website: http://people.wku.edu/steven.wininger/
Ph.D., Educational Psychology, Sports Psychology Major
Florida State University, 1998
Credentials and Consulting
My consulting experiences range from evaluation of K-12 educational programs to applied sport psychology consulting with little league, middle school, high school, college, and Olympic athletes.
- PSY 310 Educational Psychology
- PSY 340 Sport Psychology
- PSY 412 Psychology of Motivation & Emotion
- PSY 290/490 Research, Readings, or Special Projects in Psychology
- PSY 510 Advanced Educational Psychology
My research interests are in motivation and performance psychology within the contexts of exercise, sport, and education. Primary independent variables include attentional focus, cognitive processing (especially multi-tasking), and goal types. Usual dependent variables assessed are self-selected intensity/pace, perceived effort, and cognitive load.
Motivation Lab link: http://www.wku.edu/psychology/research/motivation/index.php
I am willing to serve as director or serve on a committee for any of these types of projects: Psy 290, Psy 490, Honors, MA theses, Ed.S. Specialist Projects, Psy.D. Dissertations.