Plan Your Trip
Parent & Family Weekend September 24-26, 2021
Plan Your Trip
Parents and families of WKU, this weekend is for you!
We invite you to review the full WKU Parent & Family Weekend Schedule for a comprehensive look at the weekend's activities. See below for information on where to stay, directions and parking, accessibility, and more.
Parent & Family Weekend will be an exciting time in Bowling Green, KY. If overnight accommodations are necessary, we recommend making reservations early. Local hotel information can be found in the Accommodations Section, which lists a few hotels near campus.
WKU is located in southcentral Kentucky, easily accessible from I-65 and the Natcher Parkway. Parent & Family Weekend parking for family and friends will be available in our parking structures. See Directions to Campus and Parking Information.
Parent & Family Weekend is well-attended, and those with mobility or health issues will have accessibility to the various activities. Disability accommodations may be made for parking and seating. Learn More
DIRECTIONS FROM NORTH AND SOUTH I-65
Take Exit 26 off of Interstate 65.
Turn toward Bowling Green onto Cemetery Road.
Continue straight for three miles. Cemetery Road becomes Fairview Avenue. Continue going straight across 31-W Bypass. You will pass a fire station on your left. After passing the fire station, go through one traffic light and a stop sign, then turn left at the second stop sign onto College Street (this is a one-way street).
Stay on College Street through downtown Bowling Green and continue until you reach the top of the hill. College Street will dead-end at College Heights Boulevard at a statue of Henry Hardin Cherry. Turn right onto College Heights Boulevard at the stop sign and stay in the right-hand lane.
The next stop sign is College Heights Blvd. Turn right.
Turn left at the traffic light onto University Blvd.
Guest parking is available in Parking Structure 1 or Parking Structure 2 on your left.
IF YOU ARE TRAVELING ON US 165 (from Owensboro):
Take Exit 7 (previously Exit 5) off US 165 (William Natcher Parkway) for US-68.
Turn left off the exit ramp.
You will travel approximately 2 miles, go under a train trestle, and come to a stop light at University Boulevard.
Turn left on University Boulevard.
Guest parking is available in Parking Structure 1 or Parking Structure 2 on your right.
Parking Maps & Links
Friday & Sunday
Parking is available at Parking Structure 2 next to Downing Student Union for check-in.
SUPPORT PARKING LOTS are reserved beginning Friday, September 24th at 4:30PM and must be cleared by 6PM.
On Saturday, September 25th, the WKU Hilltoppers will play the Indiana Hoosiers at home with a 7PM kick-off! Several parking lots will be reserved for event parking and road closures will occur before game time.
See the 2021 Football Tailgating Map for tailgating locations, shuttle service, disability parking, reserved parking, and road closing information.
Tailgating and Pre-Game Activities
- Tailgating areas are open from 8:00AM – 6:30PM.
- Student Tailgating areas are open on the lower South Lawn from 3:00PM – 6:30PM.
- Topper Town opens at 4:30 PM on the upper South Lawn.
- Topper Walk begins at 5:00 PM at Parking Structure 1.
Public Parking with Complementary Shuttle Service (Indiana Football Game Park and Ride Map)
- Free event parking with shuttle service is available in Creason Lot (Lot A / Disability Parking), Parking Structure 3 (Lot A), Russellville Rd West Lot (Lot B), Adams Street Lot (Lot C), Kentucky Street Lot (Lot D), and the Alumni Square Garage (Lot E), University Blvd (Lot F), Chestnut Street South (Lot G).
- Topper Transit will provide complementary shuttle service on campus beginning at 5:00 PM on two different routes. Service is suspended after kick-off and resumes at half-time until approximately 11 PM. All Topper Transit buses are equipped to provide ADA service.
Disability and RV Parking
- Disability parking is available in Creason Lot beginning at 8:00 AM Saturday. Complementary shuttle service begins at 4:00 PM.
- Reserved RV parking is available in the South Lawn Lot and the Service Supply Lot beginning 6:00 PM Friday. Public RV parking is available in the overflow section of the Creason Lot (next to Parking Structure 3) on a first come, first served basis after 6:00 PM Friday. Driving lanes must remain open at all times.
Reserved Parking (See Reserved Parking Map)
- EVENT PARKING LOTS are reserved beginning at 6AM Saturday, September 25th and must be cleared by 7AM.
Road Closings and Pick-ups & Drop-offs
- Avenue of Champions will close at 3PM. Only authorized event traffic and University service vehicles will be allowed through.
- While these roads are closed, please use Regents Ave or Minton Circle for pick-ups and drop-offs. Do not block traffic.
- WKU and Bowling Green Police will begin directing event traffic away from campus late in the game as needed.
The self-guided tour feature in the iWKU app is located within the “Campus Info” section.
If you are looking for restaurants, places of worship, or more to do in Bowling Green, KY...