Society for Lifelong Learning, WKU Alumni to host 'An Evening With'
|Author: Division of Extended Learning and Outreach|
Date: Wednesday, September 6th, 2017
Caption: Kentucky Chief Justice John D. Minton Jr. and Dr. Todd R. Cheever will be the first two speakers in the "An Evening With" program.
WKU will offer a unique evening program featuring interviews with prominent thought leaders and experts. An Evening With is a new program offered through a partnership with the Society for Lifelong Learning at WKU (SLL) and the WKU Alumni Association.
“SLL is known for offering interesting, intellectually-stimulating learning programs. An Evening With is an excellent addition, offering a unique and exciting opportunity for people of all ages who have a passion for learning,” said Dr. Cindy Ehresman, Lifelong Learning program manager.
The program format will include brief remarks from the featured guest, followed by a moderator-led interview. Audience members will then have the opportunity to participate in a Q&A session. Participants will also enjoy dessert and coffee prior to the event.
Larry Gildersleeve, a WKU alumnus, global entrepreneur and local author, will moderate the programs.
“I am honored to moderate these discussions with such high-caliber thought leaders,” Gildersleeve said. “These interesting discussions will provide a unique opportunity for our community to engage with prominent leaders in a casual, intimate setting, and I believe the entire community will benefit.”
Gildersleeve said the goal of this program is to provide a platform for citizens of southcentral Kentucky to engage with experts from a variety of fields – and to spotlight the type of high-quality educational opportunities available through the SLL.
The first discussion will take place during WKU Homecoming Week and feature WKU alumnus Chief Justice of Kentucky John D. Minton Jr. who will engage in a candid discussion about the most pressing issues facing our state and our nation. Minton was a member of the Kentucky Supreme Court from 2006-2014 and was elected Chief Justice for three consecutive terms by his fellow justices. The event will take place at 7 p.m. Oct. 11 at the Augenstein Alumni Center, 292 Alumni Ave. on the WKU Bowling Green Campus.
A second program will be Nov. 14, featuring Dr. Todd R. Cheever, a WKU alumnus, UK faculty member and administrator and the first associate dean of the new UK College of Medicine-Bowling Green Campus. Dr. Cheever will share information about the new medical school and discuss one of the greatest threats to communities around the nation: the opioid epidemic.
These programs are free, but space is limited. Reservations are required. To RSVP for the Chief Justice Minton program on Oct. 11, visit wku.edu/sll/aew.php. For additional information about the Society for Lifelong Learning at WKU, visit wku.edu/sll.
The Society for Lifelong Learning was founded in 2014. It is a member driven organization dedicated to offering a wide range of high quality, intellectually stimulating, non-credit educational programs and experiences for ages 50 and over who have a love for learning.
Contact: Dr. Cindy Ehresman, (270) 745-1910 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Categories
- March 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- April 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- JUNE 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2015 E-Newsletter
- December 2015 ICYMI
- January 2016 ICYMI
- MAY 2016 ICYMI
- February 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS July 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Online Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Innovative Teaching & Learning
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Training Resources & Event Planning Services
History will be made on Nov. 29 when WKU will get its first chapter of SALUTE, a national honor society for student veterans. Seven charter members will be inducted into SALUTE at 5 p.m. in the Veterans Resource Center, 410 Tate Page Hall.
Three alumni from WKU’s Department of Geography and Geology who work for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) have been assigned to Puerto Rico to assist in post-hurricane recovery efforts.
The Department of Student Financial Assistance will be closed from Wednesday, Nov. 22nd through Friday, Nov. 25th. The office will reopen on Monday, Nov. 27th.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,