MHA Students Attend State Long-Term Care Meeting
|Date: Monday, November 4th, 2013||Return|
*Original story from http://wkunews.wordpress.com/2013/10/21/public-health-achca/
Darla Hayden and Urmila Tokekar, both seeking a Master of Health Administration (MHA) in Public Health at WKU, were the only students in attendance at the recent American College of Health Care Administrators (ACHCA) Kentucky Chapter meeting.
Excited to see interest in their group and profession by today’s emerging healthcare leaders, the long-term care professionals in attendance extended a warm welcome to Hayden and Tokekar.
“Attending the ACHCA meeting allowed me to learn about current issues that long-term care facilities are facing, specifically the importance of tracking hospital readmission rates,” Hayden said. “This experience also allowed me to network with experienced long-term care professionals.”
The ACHCA group consisted of Chief Executive Officers, Regional Managers, Executive Directors and Administrators specializing in services across the long-term care continuum. While most of those present had experience specific to older adults, there were also representatives of long-term care services and communities for the developmentally disabled, pediatrics and rehabilitation.
ACHCA is a non-profit professional membership association that provides education, professional certification and development opportunities for long-term care leaders and student members. The students attended the Kentucky Chapter meeting in Louisville with two members of ACHCA, WKU MHA graduate Heather O’Banion and WKU graduate and Public Health Instructor Melanie Eaton.
Inspired by the students at their meeting, members of ACHCA are planning a special education track for current students, recent graduates and new leaders within the long-term care field at their regional meeting in 2014. Scheduled for March 5-6 in Rising Sun, Ind., the conference will be attended by professionals from Kentucky, Ohio, West Virginia, Indiana and Michigan.
Hayden and Tokekar, along with Advisors Eaton and Dr. Dana Burr Bradley with WKU’s Center for Gerontology, are planning to form a student group in the near future for those interested in careers in long-term care.
Contact: Melanie Eaton, (270) 745-5854.
Urmila Tokekar and Darla Hayden at ACHCA meeting held at 21C Museum and Hotel
- All Categories
- March 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- April 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- JUNE 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2015 E-Newsletter
- December 2015 ICYMI
- January 2016 ICYMI
- MAY 2016 ICYMI
- February 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS July 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Distance Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Faculty Development
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Event & Training Services
The Western Kentucky University Board of Regents today (June 23) approved a $413.65 million budget for 2017-18.
Friday - Sunday
This fall, Dr. Gary A. Ransdell and Julie Ransdell will join WKU’s Hall of Distinguished Alumni. As new members of the 26th class of noted alumni, the Ransdells will be recognized during an 11 a.m. luncheon on Oct. 13 at Sloan Convention Center.
This year for Dr. Josh Durkee’s annual Field Methods in Weather Analysis and Forecasting class, the students had some extra support in the form of WKU’s new crowdsource funding project, Spirit Funder.
The WKU Board of Regents will hold a special budget approval meeting and committee meetings on June 23 in the Martin Regents Room, Jody Richards Hall.
Groundbreaking for the UK College of Medicine-Bowling Green Campus took place Tuesday (June 6) at The Medical Center at Bowling Green. The school is a partnership between The Medical Center, the University of Kentucky and WKU.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,