What is Manufacturing Engineering Technology (MET)?
METs design, develop, test, and optimize manufacturing processes and mechanical devices,
including tools, power systems, and machines. They make sketches, develop factory
layouts, record and analyze data, make calculations, provide cost estimates, and report
findings. MET manage the people, processes, and systems of manufacturing,
Why MET at WKU?
The Manufacturing Engineering Technology (MET) program prepares individuals to apply basic engineering principles and advanced manufacturing management skills in support of industrial operations. The major includes instruction in optimization theory, human factors, organizational behavior, industrial processes, industrial planning procedures, computer applications, quality, and technical document preparation. Graduates achieve positions of leadership in business and industry while practicing innovation in a global context.
- Median BS MET Salary: $56,000 annual
- Some local companies that hire our graduates: Carpenter Company, Delta Faucet, Emerson,
Daicel Safety Systems, Logan Aluminum, Sumitomo, Bendix.
- Manufacturing Engineers design and optimize manufacturing processes or work with product engineers in research and development labs before manufacturing takes place.
- Manage electro-mechanical and other forms of technology
- Operational team and technical group leadership
- Industrial management
- Industrial engineering analysis