What is Manufacturing Engineering Technology (MET)?
METs help engineers design, develop, test, and manufacture mechanical devices, including tools, engines, and machines. They may make sketches and rough layouts, record and analyze data, make calculations and estimates, and report their findings.
Why MET at WKU?
The Manufacturing Engineering Technology (MET) program prepares individuals to apply basic engineering principles and advanced manufacturing technical skills in support of industrial operations. The major includes instruction in optimization theory, human factors, organizational behavior, industrial processes, industrial planning procedures, computer applications, quality, and technical document preparation. Graduates achieve positions of leadership in business and industry while practicing innovation in the global marketplace.
Manufacturing Engineering Technology - Program Coordinator
- COHH 2109
PhD, Interdisciplinary Studies: Education and Human Resource Studies/ Manufacturing Technology Management,, Colorado State University
MS, Industrial Technology, California State University Fresno
- Median BS MET Salary: $56,000
- Some local companies that hire METs: Carpenter Company, Delta Faucet, Emerson Hermetic, Daicel Safety Systems America
- Engineering technicians assist with manufacturing processes in factories or with development phases in research and development labs before manufacturing takes place.
- Managing different types of technology that varies from mechanical to electrical
- Team leadership and management for workplaces
- Industrial analysis classes